Skip to content

Ask an Expert peugeot speedfight 2 2007 AC won't start Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > peugeot speedfight 2 2007 AC won't start

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

jean2704

May 14

jean2704 says:

peugeot speedfight 2 2007 AC won't start

hello web people i've got a problem with my peugeot speedfight 2 AC 2007 first it ran fine but wouldn't idle and if its cold i have to kickstart it 20 times before it starts,and now i was riding it and it suddenly turned of,i've tried starting it, it only stays on when i have the throttle but when i let go it shuts of,i've changed the sparkplug,the sparkplug wire,ignition coil,and cleaned out the carb and its still the same can anyone please help me don't know what to do any help would be much appreciated thx and have nice day.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 146 days ago (10 May 2014 16:50)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

no start

Sounds like fuel starvation, when it suddenly turns off and you`ve tried re-starting it, just remove the sparkplug to see if it`s wet or dry.

Also check the fuel tap ON diaphragm is working with the suction pipe if fitted. 

Reply to this Topic
jean2704

May 14

jean2704 says:

peugeot speedfight 2 2007 AC wont start

hi thx for replying, i've tried re-starting it but nothing and i've replaced it with a new tap and the sparkplug come's out wet.

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

wet plug

Difficult this one and I`ve limited knowledge on your 2 stroke air cooled scooter, it could be over fuelling or a weak spark, is the air intake clear, is the automatic choke working, it could be low battery voltage (why don`t you use the starter motor?)

kcmc and smidget on here have more idea about 2 strokes.   

Reply to this Topic
charlie79

Sep 13

charlie79 says:

won't run

Hi. Might be worth checking your idle speed is correctly set, if its too low the bike won't run without a bit of throttle. Its a long shot but a simple, quick and cheap thing to check  just to rule it out. :smile

Reply to this Topic
jean2704

May 14

jean2704 says:

hi i haven't checked the automatic choke since the bike won't start so i can't check it , and the battery i have to ride it in order to charge it and yes the spark is quite small not that bright so i thought that maybe it could be the CDI any idea's???

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

battery

Yes the battery should get charged when riding and keep charged for the morning after or a week after or a month after, so you can use the electric start.

Your CDI needs a minimum voltage, so what`s your battery voltage before kick starting and when you use the electric start?  

Reply to this Topic
jean2704

May 14

jean2704 says:

peugeot speedfight 2 AC 2007 won't start

the electric starter only works when the engine is hot, when its cold i have to kick it about 20 times in order to start.

Reply to this Topic
jean2704

May 14

jean2704 says:

peugeot speedfight 2 AC 2007 won't start

now my battery is dead and it won"t turn on with the kick start,i tried to turn the idle but nothing now it just makes a sort of empty noise when i try to kick start it .

Reply to this Topic
jean2704

May 14

jean2704 says:

(update)peugeot speedfight 2 AC 2007 won't start

i've managed to turn it on by spraying carb cleaner in the carb and if stay with the throttle it stays on untill i let it go than it shuts of 

Reply to this Topic
jean2704

May 14

jean2704 says:

(update) k the scooter turns on now but won't stay on and i've notice in the clear tube that goes to the carb has tiny bubbles in them , does that mean something ??

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices