Skip to content

Discuss This Le Mans Moto3: Miller battles to take win MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Le Mans Moto3: Miller battles to take win

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Le Mans Moto3: Miller battles to take win

Australian Jack Miller left it until the final lap to take victory at Le Mans and extend his championship lead after Romano Fenati retired from the race. Miller struggled as his factory KTM was visibly down on top speed, but late, committed braking saw him take the top step ahead of Alex Rins and Isaac Vinales. Pole sitter Efren Vazquez fought with...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 161 days ago (18 May 2014 11:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Did you hear that anthem again Wosi, maybe I could teach you the words?

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

What a race! What an Aussie battler.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Fookin' 'ell, what a cracker

He's sounds a bit of a headcase does young Miller, but boy was he a cool hardnut today. All of them were brilliant but Miller had that little bit of mongrel extra. Well done to the lad.

Varquez was understandable pi$$ed, but really given the circumstance of the final corner he has no real reason to be. Miller wanted it more. All race Varquez's few inside passes never looked convincing and he was again a little tentative in that final bend.

Reply to this Topic
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

Fantastic Race

Brilliant ride by Miller best race of the day, Vasquez's bike was the fastest out there by miles but he hasnt got the balls nor the skill of Miller.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

Only saw a replay of the last corner Nostradamus

Since I was at a Rugby game but the parameters seem to have been set for passing manoeuvres , particularly in the last corner, in the last 2 races, and I gather by Vasquez earlier in this race so it looks like he would be a mug not to bash fairings himself, going on the first 2 races if everyone rides totally clean he wins anyway.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

Vazquez no skill and no balls?????

I never said Vazquez no skill and no balls????? I said he hasn't got the balls nor the skills of Miller!!! get it right !!! bet you'd like to play with his balls though Gayboy!!!! and hey I even spelled his name right this time!!!!

Reply to this Topic
DaniPedola

Mar 13

DaniPedola says:

Hmmm

A move worthy of the late Simoncelli. Wonder why the whinging Aussies aren't whinging about it?

Couldn't be that they can dish it out but can't take it?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Hardly a manoeuvre worthy of the late not very great Simoncelli who would perform mid race stunts for no other reason than to pi$$ the opponent off, or worse. Today was last lap, last corner. Vazquez (sorry JW, sloppy of me) was in there, but not completely committed to hold the position. What did he expect? In the same way I didn't see an issue with Fenati on Miller, nor this time with Miller on Vazquez. Neither were as agricultural as a Simoncelli stunt, or Marquez's slam into Lorenzo at Jerez last year.

And yeah, you're right JW. Lottery Honda engines, they're all different shades of midget, so no other reason for Vazquez's speed than great drive and spot-on gearing. Other teams need to look at themselves. Jeez it looked easy though. For all the world that looked like another 10hp, which or course it wasn't.

Reply to this Topic
DaniPedola

Mar 13

DaniPedola says:

Of course you wouldn't

He's a southern hemisphere bloke. It was the same move Simo pulled on me, also in Le Mans. The difference being I didn't back off like Vazquez did today. Dirty moves both.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Just

Good hard racing.  Great race to watch.   

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale