Skip to content

Discuss This Le Mans MotoGP: Marquez battles to another win MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Le Mans MotoGP: Marquez battles to another win

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Le Mans MotoGP: Marquez battles to another win

Reigning champion Marc Marquez has made it five wins in the first five races of 2014 despite running off track on the opening lap. The 21-year-old Spaniard was pushed wide and over the kerb by Jorge Lorenzo on the first lap and rejoined in tenth place. Just ten laps later Marquez had fought his way up to second place behind race leader...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 96 days ago (18 May 2014 14:03)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Thanks

Pasey :-) 

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Keith and Jules got themselves all excited

with Marquez shunted back down in the initial melee. They had no reason to be, as he picked them off at will and won in a stand up canter across the line as practice times showed he would.

Fantastic ride by Bautista on the handicapped Honda. Another couple of laps or a better start and second would've been his. Let's just hope the Terrapin doesn't ruin his Mugello race as he did last year with his crazy wide 'cut 'em up' lines.

Pedro. O.K an off colour day, with a poor set-up making his physical condition more difficult. But to have any aspirations in this class you cannot afford such issues.

JL. Staggering. He really is looking impotent right now, and seems to be in a similar head space to which the Terrapin inhabited for three straight years.

Ducati. That they again only tested an evolution chassis at Mugello last week is astounding. I thought Gigi was to assess the data from the initial three races and have something properly new by Mugello. Perhaps they're waiting because of the notoriously long CF curation time since pulling the new chassis from the autoclave? Sounds like the heat of the track affected Dovi's machine more than he anticipated given his bullish words yesterday.

Another disappointing day for the British. Hard to see either Crutchlow or Smith being in this class next year. Well not on factory machinery at least.

Reply to this Topic
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

Delighted for Bautista, must be the happiest bloke on earth right now..

...After DeGrasse... Because Rossi beat his teammate again today !

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Well, you see Nostro..

..Cal was hunting down his team-mate in the latter part of the race as his lap times will attest. In the race he's there or there-abouts, despite not faring well in qualifying..

..If Ducati can fix the chronic understeer issue, then we'll have a much better idea of his potential. Let's be frank, he was on the podium last year and there's no reason to think he can't do that again on a good bike..

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Arrrrrr

Poor Nostro :-(

Reply to this Topic
DaniPedola

Mar 13

DaniPedola says:

A few more laps?

The latter part of the race?

F*ck sake you guys are desperate. Hey, another ten laps Colin Edwards II might have won. He'd got a good old paddle rhythm going when he crossed the line.

Morons.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Hey careful you don't cut yourself Pedo..

..on the sharp edges of your wit..

helmet.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

The be happy in life, you just need to be genuine.

“I understand a little bit Jorge because personally I am in a different situation, so for me to arrive on the podium and stay behind Marc's is acceptable. I know that I can try to fight with him, but I am more relaxed,” explained seven time champion Rossi, who has rebuilt his form at Yamaha after two miserable seasons at Ducati.

“For Jorge it is different, because Jorge wants to win. Last year, for me, Lorenzo did some races that were impressive - the best of his career - even though he didn't win the championship.

“But this year with Marc having more experience and riding like this, and at this moment technically the Honda is a little bit better than the Yamaha. So for Jorge it is a bit frustrating because he knows it is quite impossible and he doesn't want to arrive second.

“He is not happy. So maybe for this reason he has some problems.”

Marquez agreed that Lorenzo does not seem happy on the bike and feels that in turn is impacting on his performances.

“For me the key is that if you want to be fast you need to enjoy it on the bike. Like Valentino said, he is enjoying just riding the bike. When you enjoy it you are faster,” said Marquez, undefeated so far in 2014.

“It looks like Lorenzo is struggling a little bit more, but I think he will find a way and when he will start again to enjoy it on the bike he will be fast. But if you don't enjoy it, it is impossible.”

Lorenzo is fifth in the championship and already 80 points behind Marquez. Rossi is third in the standings.

Speaking after the race Lorenzo said: “Today I didn't ride well and also the setting that I thought was better in the warm-up, with this temperature, was worse.”

www.crash.net/motogp/news/204608/1/rossi-lorenzo-frustrated-marquez-fun-is-faster.html

Looks i was right yesterday mentioning a few points like track temperature and corner speed...

:) Reason why i'm happy. Again.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

One hundred wrongs

don't make a right Quasimoto.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

The be happy in life, you just need to be genuine.

'We're all in together' at Ducati springs to mind...........and then someone 'sprung-off'. Is that 'genuine'?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices