Skip to content

Discuss This Le Mans MotoGP: Marquez battles to another win MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Le Mans MotoGP: Marquez battles to another win

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Le Mans MotoGP: Marquez battles to another win

Reigning champion Marc Marquez has made it five wins in the first five races of 2014 despite running off track on the opening lap. The 21-year-old Spaniard was pushed wide and over the kerb by Jorge Lorenzo on the first lap and rejoined in tenth place. Just ten laps later Marquez had fought his way up to second place behind race leader...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 97 days ago (18 May 2014 14:03)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Crikey... and I thought that young Marquez bloke won the race!

Haven't seen such a poor showing from the contenders since Flo's early championships. Crowing about second place and getting hammered by nearly half a second per lap at will is just plain sad.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

doohanfan

LOL! Valentino Rossi saying Lorenzo is the better rider....  Like the M1 is very good and having to test new part, chassis, electronic only to trail the Honda by 0.5 from Sepang (considering Marquez was out and Rossi level with Pedrosa).

OK, i'll take it for granted, now it must be his brother riding his M1 because i was under the impression that Lorenzo was not even level with Pedrosa, who nearly beats him to the title in 2012 with one win up.

You guys got to face reality sometimes, Valentino Rossi is a P.R miracle for Yamaha Racing, that's true.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Sums it all up...

Reviewing the race he said, “It was a pity not to be on the front row, as from there we would have had less problems, because on the first lap I made a good start but I got stuck on the inside at the first corner. There were a lot of riders there and I couldn't overtake, I even lost a position. From eighth position you are riding more nervously, you are tense and you can’t ride as smoothly. The set-up that I thought was better in Warm Up was worse, especially on the front. I tried my best to have the same feeling as during practice but in general I rode much worse than in the practice and that’s why I couldn’t do a better result.”

Regarding his results so far in 2014, which have seen him unable to replicate the flying form which gave him three wins in the last three races of last season, he added, “Everything together makes it more difficult to be like last year. The tyre is the worst thing but little by little I’m trying to adapt my riding and I’m getting there, because at each race now we are more often near the top in practice. But for some reason in the last two races especially we couldn’t demonstrate our potential. So lets hope that in Mugello we can make it.”

www.motogp.com/en/news/2014/lorenzo+le+mans+france+gp+review

Reply to this Topic
LiesIncPLC

Dec 13

LiesIncPLC says:

CH987

You have an interesting spin on the facts :-   " I've never been Cal's biggest fan but to me he is doing no better or worse than anyone else on the Ducati. "

In the current standings :-

Dovi is 4th - 53pts - factory Ducati

Andrea Iannone is 11th - 25pts - satalite Ducat

Yonny Hernadez is 15th - 16 pts - satalite Ducati

Cal is 16th  - 15pts on a factory ducati

That makes him the LAST Ducati rider and therefore he is doing WORSE than anyone else on a Ducati .

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

There's a fair bit of merit to that rather well put together synopsis of yours JW.

Thing is most bedwetters had written the Terrapin off, with their feeble excuses of age etc. Christ, as Bob says it's not like he's actually won anything.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

Have to break my habit

And reply to you myself JW, as I largely agree with your post as well. 

No need to stint on praise for Valentino for beating Lorenzo and Pedrosa though, their problems are their own.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Nostro the Goat

Poor old Nostro, same old, same old on Rossi.  You are right on one thing though Nostro.  He has not won anyting this year.  But, and a big BUT.  Neither has any other rider this year.  So what do you have to say about the other riders who have the same bike as Rossi and or. the same bike as MM. 

You made a lot of noise last season when Rossi could not match his team mate.  Well stop the press.  the tables have been turned this season.  JL is 36 points behind Rossi so far!!  Again, not bad for an old boy that is just having fun riding a bike!!

www.therockatbc.com/2012/02/17/prank-war-chronicles-pt-3/nelson-ha-ha/

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Agree Doohan fan, Marquez has made a big step this year and blown Dani into the weeds. Rossi has made one huge step but needs a little more, some of which needs to come from the bike which is losing time in every single corner.. Like to see Jorge either announce his move to Honda and risk getting beat on the same bike or man up and get on with it.. Every other rider out there is adapting to the rules. Great rides form Bautista and Pol but Alvaro is the last person I'd want to see trying to run the pace at the front. One swallow does not make a movie.

Reply to this Topic
gixxa630

Apr 11

gixxa630 says:

Boring mug Nostrodamus

Nostrodamus you really are the most boring wally on here! Does every other word out your mouth have to be terrapin. No one wants to read your negative views about motogp riders. If you have got nothing nice to say then say nothing or if you really must at least make it something contructive.

Is it just me or is everyone else board with the spiteful hatred that you relentlesly spout?

Reply to this Topic
Max22

May 12

Max22 says:

Gixxa630...you beat me to it. It's pathetic. It's boring. Give some credit to any riders when its due.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices