Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi: Marquez not Honda making difference MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi: Marquez not Honda making difference

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi: Marquez not Honda making difference

Valentino Rossi says it is the man and not the machine that is propelling Marc Marquez effortlessly towards a successful defence of his MotoGP world title in 2014. The Spaniard was unstoppable again in Le Mans yesterday when he recovered from an early off-track excursion that dropped him to 10th to win for a fifth successive race from pole position. With just...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 158 days ago (19 May 2014 11:24)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Typical rider I suppose

The Terrapin is basically saying he'd be with Marquez if the Yamaha were superior to the Honda and not it's equal as it so obviously is.

Marc is superior fullstop.

Reply to this Topic
dred0

Oct 09

dred0 says:

No he did not say

They are equal he said the Honda has a small bike advantage.. His point is they have a massive rider advantage who can exploit the small machinery advantage and ride to 100% of the bikes potential.. 

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Nostro the Goat

A good job that Rossi is making the difference at Yamha this year then.  Top Yam by a long way.  Nostro, we all know that MM is making the difference as look how far back Dani is on the same bike

But you have to admit Nostro, Rossi ain't doing too bad for an old boy is. 

survivoronlinegaming.wikia.com/wiki/File:Simpsons-nelson-ha-ha-93-p-672x480.jpg

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Smart mouth...

... after all the bollocks said years ago about the Ducati advantage, then how he as a rider could turn it around, it appears he's learnt a little humility. Rossi did as well as could be expected (though wouldn't it have been good to see a fight for the lead again?)... thumbs up to his attitude & performance this weekend... well done to him.

Reply to this Topic
hurdyfurdy

Jul 12

hurdyfurdy says:

What was Keith Huewen on?

He said Lorenzo was overtaking Pol E when it was Bradley Smith; then he said that Pol E was on an open class bike and was looking closely to see if he was using the extra soft tyre ; next he said that Pol had a factory Honda contract (corrected  by Jules to Yamaha). 

Also, Mel Sykes was missing but in the footage I saw there was no mention of her. Has she been sacked? (No big loss)

I notice that Old Nastro hasn't called Rossi World No 6 recently. Does it stick in your craw to say No 3 in the WC or No 2 on current form?

MM has got inside all the other aliens' heads.  Rossi is hiding it best but his mistake as soon as MM caught him was telling that he was feeling the pressure.  The best he can do is try to upset MM's rythm a bit although Lorenzo nerfing him off track didn't bother him for long.

I also think JLo is thinking too much.  MM has signed for next year, Rossi has made it clear he intends to sign with Yamaha ASAP but JLo is too unsettled. I think he needs to forget all the stress creating crap, get his head down and just ride the thing the way we know he can.  But then what do I know.  I've rear slid my bike a few times but never on purpose (diesel or gravel I hadn't seen) and always accompanied by the bang of my ar*e closing when I saved it on instinct and a big dose of luck.

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

People look way to much into riders comments like this one. The journalist will have been pushing him for an answer or a quote he can use as a headline to attract readers (much like the one in this very post). I don't think Rossi was saying anything underhand or trying to make a subtle point or dig at Marquez, journalist asked him a question, he gave an answer.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

hurdyfurd

I agree with most of what you said, i just want to point out that Rossi mistake was perhaps more over-estimating the M1 and his tyres capabilities on the brakes and trying to over-ride a bike which is not just yet capable of it, than a more typical rider's mistake.

In a few more gp we might well see Rossi being even faster on the brakes and closer to Marquez, especially in the last stage of the races where he is better than most.

Pedrosa is struggling because Honda tried to sort is inconsisteancy issue by changing his chassis to allow for better race end pace, they simply over-done it, had they not, he would be much closer to MM, but Yamaha Racing are working as hard as they can to close the gap, it's just starting.

luckofthewelshs: +1

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

So Quasimoto

Hypothetically speaking if that had been Lorenzo that ran wide and let MM through so effortlessly would that have been a machine or a rider issue?

I believe Pedro is pretty sensitive to his set-up and doesn't posess quite the ability to compensate for changes in the behaviour of the machine with tyre degradation and lowering fuel loads that Marquez does. In no small part because of the disadvantage of his diminutive size and not being able to load his weight on the machine as well as the taller riders.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

LOL!

Looks like you're learning something copy/pasting me...
Better late than never, if you comprehend what you write at all.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

VR46

had a great ride, he showed comittment from the start, he had good race pace, and not so far off at the end of the race, he's happy and looking forward to the next one, unlike JLo  who is miserable as the title is out of sight for him now, and he needs to be beating his team mate, to get his credibility back, or try his luck on a Ducati.

DeGrasse: +1 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices