Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi: Marquez not Honda making difference MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi: Marquez not Honda making difference

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi: Marquez not Honda making difference

Valentino Rossi says it is the man and not the machine that is propelling Marc Marquez effortlessly towards a successful defence of his MotoGP world title in 2014. The Spaniard was unstoppable again in Le Mans yesterday when he recovered from an early off-track excursion that dropped him to 10th to win for a fifth successive race from pole position. With just...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 121 days ago (19 May 2014 11:24)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

conjoined ones

Anybody else noticed how nostro and bullyboy always go missing at the same time?
How strange eh!

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

Speaking of fairies Wosi

Are you perhaps a woman pretending to be a man pretending to be a woman, since we seem to be down to triple levels of meaning now in regard to the old debate. 

What I have never done is claim that any of  Valentino Rossi's titles were illegitimate. If  this gives me the high moral ground, so be it. If crediting riders who won titles against him for doing so makes me a Rossi hater, again so be it. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Dear oh dear Buell

Have you nothing to say about Motogp, interesting or not doesn't matter, anything would be a start.

Or do you prefer acting the fool with your double persona nonsense.

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

doohanfan

Wosi is in the closet, therefore his first insult is always to accuse others of what he hates about himself. Classic projection. Probably ex military and a self employed working class tory to boot with a sexual preference of anyone young and boyish.

DeGrasse

Why did Bridgestone change the tyres yet again when we had such a very good title fight last season. Can't see that it was to suit a huge increase in the performance of the 1000's, can't see that it was to improve the performance of the non factory bikes, can't see any safety reasons, natural progression of their product ? can't see that either but I did see their employee Valentino being totally outclassed by his team mate last season. Go figure.

I don't attack Rossi as a non fan, in fact I though he was great when he first came into the sport, but when Iooking deeper I saw favouritism from Dorna and Michelin, Bridgestone and even within the Yamaha factory team. I like to see him doing well, the more at the front the merrier but I don't subscribe at all that it is he and only he that brings the series to life. It doesn't matter who is battling at the front as long as there is a battle.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

yes bulto

plenty to say but I get a bit despondent when I read some of the crap on here especially all the hypocrisy.

Once again what year were you referring to?

Simple question really.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Don't like hypocrisy Buell?

You're having a laugh surely, it was such blatant hypocrisy I was commenting on that you once again saw as Rossi bashing - about as far of the point as you could get. In addition, you made no comment yourself about said hypocrisy which you claim to hate.

As for the year I don't remember but as Rossi and Lorenzo were only at Yamaha for 3 years together it shouldn't be too difficult for you to find a Mugello result with the finishing order I gave

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

VMax

I share your view about the tyres

Same as in 2012 when they changed a perfectly good front tyre (twice) for one that didn't suit Honda, supposedly on safety grounds the second time, even though there hadn't been a single safety issue raised by anyone.

Where are the ethics in having a single manufacturer supplying a control tyre to every rider, but allowing that manufacturer to use one rider as an effective employee to promote their brand. Wouldn't it be natural for the manufacturer to want that rider to get results in the promotion of the brand, which itself just raises questions about the integrity of that manufacturer and the intentions behind repeated changes in tyre construction

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

maybe 09?

I think you were talking about 2009 the year Rossi won the championship and Stoner was fourth.
Maybe he did look a bit fed up at one point but I can assure you he was full of smiles later.

As for tyres....safety issues were very apparent at the time...get a grip eh!

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Safety issues Buell? At what point in time exactly are you referring to?

As for Mugello, looking a bit 'fed up' at one point is not the same as sitting on the bike in the winner's enclosure, not taking your helmet off, not talking and having a damn good sulk because you've been beaten in your home race after a good scrap with your team mate. What happened to it being 'fun', regardless of who finished in front? There was no attempt to barge into Lorenzo's TV interview and congratulate him on his performance.

Contrast that to Rossi's behaviour at the next race - Lorenzo's home race where he beat him with that last corner overtake. It was a brilliant last couple of laps and Lorenzo took too wide a line and left just enough of a gap on that last corner which Rossi brilliantly took advantage of. It should have been enough that he'd won an enthralling race but he had to make a point of it by interrupting Lorenzo's live TV interview to 'congratulate' him.

And that to me sums up the hypocrisy, of the man himself and his fans.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

but bulto

you are a biased clown with a big hatred of Rossi.
The garbage you type is monotonous to the extreme.
I am off to Mugello on Monday and I am sure all proper race fans and riders will be smiling...I certainly will...:lol:

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices