Skip to content

Discuss This Marquez: Rossi hard to beat in Mugello MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marquez: Rossi hard to beat in Mugello

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Marquez: Rossi hard to beat in Mugello

Marc Marquez may have won all five races so far in a dominant 2014 MotoGP campaign, but the Spaniard fears it could be tough to defeat Valentino Rossi in Mugello next time out. Rossi has been the only rider to seriously challenge Repsol Honda rival Marquez this season, with the 35-year-old finishing runner-up three times in the opening five races, including...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 188 days ago (19 May 2014 13:31)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
gwcrim

Nov 13

gwcrim says:

That young man is so polite. 

Love what Rossi said:  ... I wish I could fight with him when I was 22.  (On a 500 two stroke w/out all that electronic crap.)

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

gwcrim

+1! 100%

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Me too, as far as I can tell Rossi is the only rider out there to get a little closer to MM despite the huge step MM has taken this year but not convinced it's enough for Mugello, the yam still needs work and Rossi hasn't had the best of luck there in recent seasons. Rather hoping Jorge will turn up MM needs to be beaten(at least once) for the championship.

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

I want to believe

that Rossi can beat MM in Mugello, i would love to see him take another win there (or in fact anywhere)! It would be something very special indeed to see him win in his 300th race and with it being his home race as well! The pressure on Rossi will be immense next race, could this in some way also effect MM? Could the fact that the entire crowd will be urging Rossi to beat him cause him to faulter? I'm not so sure to be perfectly honest. I can imagine MM will be out of sight again, but maybe Rossi can step it up a level and feed off the crowd to pull something amazing out of the bag. And it would truely be amazing if he could beat MM in a fair fight, the more likely scenario is that the pressure gets to MM and he makes a mistake in Mugello. However, this season, even that scenario seems extremely far fetched.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

luckofthewelsh

I can guaranty you that Rossi doesn't feel as much pressure as that, first he enjoy his riding, then he is making progresses and don't think realistically that he can get to Marquez just yet.

What he can do though, is to keep working at it, developing the M1 chassis to get it where he wants and since he is in front of Lorenzo, he has an increasingly high support behind him from Yamaha Racing.

Yamaha knows what he is capable of doing for them in terms of development, they've seen him at work in 2004, if they don't expect him to win the title, they know that he is preparing the way for the next generation such as Smith, and the brother Espargaro.

Lorenzo knows this as well and if he can't adapt to this situation or/and the tyres, he will be on his way out sooner than later, he already indicated that he had his own agenda when talking to Honda in 2012.

Yamaha doesn't pay him to get glory and fame but titles, same for the satellite bikes, they need a bike everyone can score high with, last year, they lost both titles to Honda.

Not good enough.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
VeritasH

Apr 13

VeritasH says:

I'm sure Rossis always under pressure to win at Mugello, this year wouldn't really be anymore. 

Very polite response from Marquez though, it'd be very easy to be arrogant with the success he's having. 

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

VeritasH

Of course, there is pressure on every single one of them, but his situation isn't pressurising him, he is not officialy No1 at Yamaha, is in front of him, everyone knows the Honda that little bit faster etc.

So it's only own track pressure, not much for a guy witn his experience and record.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

But the Terrapin hasn't won at Mugello since 2008!

Reply to this Topic
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

Mugello will be one of the best chances for the Yamaha riders to beat Marc

A rejuvenated Rossi could do wonders with the extra motivation and Lorenzo's style fits Baberino's layout to the perfection, if finally he was capable to clear his mind

Whoever wins Mugello's round is always a treat to watch though.

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Nostro the GOAT

Put it this way. If Rossi does win in Mugello I  would hate to be called Nostrodamus

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices