Skip to content

Discuss This Pol Espargaro admits imminent factory Yamaha move unlikely MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Pol Espargaro admits imminent factory Yamaha move unlikely

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Pol Espargaro admits imminent factory Yamaha move unlikely

Pol Espargaro’s ambitions of being a factory Yamaha rider in the near future might be on hold for considerably longer than he might have imagined. The current Moto2 world champion rides for the satellite Tech 3 squad with Briton Bradley Smith, but his contract is direct with Yamaha in Japan. He had hoped to secure a move to a factory YZR-M1 in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 125 days ago (20 May 2014 13:33)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

If his results are there then I can see him being offered a factory contract and support while staying at Tech3. Hate to say it but the kid does seem to be learning faster than Bradders

Reply to this Topic
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

Depending on if Yamaha can snag either Vinales or Miller, he may be waiting a while longer than one more year at Tech 3.

Alternatively. if Pol is Yamaha's long-term plan at going up against Marquez, then I've got some bad news for them...

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Yamaha signed him...

For a very good reason, no worries, if he stays at Tech3 long enough he'll have his factory M1 sooner than later.

Reply to this Topic
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

Why was it sad that Tech 3 signed Bradley? He was their best option at the time. And calling Dovi a stale old git is a little harsh, even if he is the archetypal journeyman.

Reply to this Topic
dred0

Oct 09

dred0 says:

Harsh..

Calling Lorenzo a stale old git is a bit much.. 

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

I agree with Ryder

That Yamaha may have been a bit hasty to sign Pol on the back of a single good season. I cannot imagine him ever being MotoGP world champion, he is to delicate. If things didn't go his way last year he would sit in his garage and cry, i can't imagine MM doing the same. I just don't think Pol has the mindset needed to succeed at the top, if Redding hadn't been injured we would arguably be talking about a Pol who has never won a world title.

Miller would be a much better choice for the factory seat, and i imagine if Rossi and Lorenzo both stay at Yamaha for another two years that could well give Miller enough time to move through Moto2 and be poised to take a factory Yamaha seat at the end of 2016. Well and truely slamming the door on Pol.

All the talk of Maverick moving up already as well doesn't sit well with me. I think Maverick is a fantastic rider but the talk of him moving to motogp with LCR Honda after just one season in Moto2? I just think it is too soon, let him have at least another year in Moto2 and have a proper stab at the title.

Reply to this Topic
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

In fact Benny, he's such an idiot he can barely even write. I can only imagine this lot were ghost-written:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Books-Julian-Ryder/s?ie=UTF8&field-author=Julian%20Ryder&page=1&rh=n%3A266239%2Cp_27%3AJulian%20Ryder

I reckon we should get a petition up and running to get him fired from his employment at both Dorna and BT Sports. In fact, seeing as he's so thick he's an insult to intelligent people, how did he get those two prestigous jobs in the first place? Wonders will never cease.

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

realy?

@@,@@
if Redding hadn't been injured we would arguably be talking about a Pol who has never won a world title.

If they hadn't fidle around with mm bike we would arguably be talking about mm not winning that title

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Dovi

You need to face up to it Huw. Dovi has had the chance to show his full potential on a championship winning bike. Stoner blitzed him. Dovi is a good rider, but not championship winning material.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

JW

I'm not saying Redding didn't choke, he massively messed up, however my point was it didn't take much to get to Pol did it? Redding won in Silverstone and Pol came 8th there was 6 rounds left at this point and what does Pol do in response? He sat in his garage and cried. I can't imagine MM losing a race and going to have a good cry about it. That was my point about him being delicate, i meant his mental state not his physical one.

And hearing you talk about an insult to intelligent people haha! I would be insulted if we all didn't know what a complete mess you are! 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices