Skip to content

Discuss This Honda contemplating RCV1000R revamp for 2015 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Honda contemplating RCV1000R revamp for 2015

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Honda contemplating RCV1000R revamp for 2015

Honda has conceded it might have to radically change its new production Honda RCV1000R package to make it appealing for potential customers in 2015.The RCV1000R is Honda’s Open class project, designed to be a cheaper but competitive alternative to the Factory prototype RC213V.Costing around £1m to purchase outright, the production bike doesn’t feature technology like a seamless shift gearbox or...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 91 days ago (23 May 2014 11:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
simplebystander

Oct 10

I really don't understand this bike - as the article states, it should be a cheaper, but competitive bike. However, Nakamoto finds it acceptable that the bike is finishing behind all the factory bikes as it should and one with a factory engine (which I am presuming to mean Aleix E.). By inference then, he is saying that the bike is meant to be finishing behind all of the full prototype satellite bikes as well then.  Doing a bit of quick math, I reckon there are 12 (14 if I include Forward Racing) bikes that fall into that banding - so these 'production' hondas are aiming to finish 13th - a measly 3 championship points.  I really can't see teams or sponsors wanting to stump up the cash for a chance to finish 13th week in week out.. so what is the point??

Reply to this Topic
vds45

Jan 11

vds45 says:

????????

Honda said before the start of the season the production Honda will only be .3 off of the factory bike how did they get it so wrong maybe they should have tested with the right ECU instead of using the factory version and now they have said they will be no upgrades this season if I was a team owner I would want my money back but isn't it funny there are no Spanish riders on one what a surprise

Reply to this Topic
vds45

Jan 11

vds45 says:

????????

Honda said before the start of the season the production Honda will only be .3 off of the factory bike how did they get it so wrong maybe they should have tested with the right ECU instead of using the factory version and now they have said they will be no upgrades this season if I was a team owner I would want my money back but isn't it funny there are no Spanish riders on one what a surprise

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

Can't see Hayden Hanging around next year on the off chance that Honda make good on their promise. Too many years on uncompetitve machines waiting for upgrades that always seem to be promised and never arrive.

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

They were

always meant to finish in around 13th place. Honda made them to finish behind their factory and satalitte teams, so as much as HRC and Nakamoto say they are surprised and they need to revamp it, the bike is doing exactly what they planned to do.

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

L.O.W

Funny because that's not what Honda claimed. More than one rider and team were taken in by the P.R machine have been dissapointed. I Also find strange how Honda were having difficulty finding any takers for the RCV1000 until they released their spurious performance figures and suddenly the order book was full. What would have been more embarrising for Honda not being able to shift the proddie racer or having a couple of dissapointed teams? How would you feel if you'd bought a budget blade off Honda advertised as Comparable to or only slightly slower than a CBR1000rr only to find it was a CB500 in a fancy frock?

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

Diceman

Not saying Honda were right, they bare faced lied to the teams, and if i had bought them i would be demaning my money back! However, my point was that Honda knew exactly how far off the pace it would be, as they don't want them to beat their factory or satelitte efforts.

I am interested to see who buys next years Honda customer bike, if they have any sense no one will.

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

L.O.W Fairplay.

I think most teams currently running the RCV1000 will probably continue to do so assuming they can buy an upgrade package rather than a whole new bike. Can't see them enticing any new customers though.

Be nice if Gresini honoured Reddings Contract before the end of the year and allowed him to test with Brembo and Ohlins parts. But even if he felt he could improve would Honda allow Gresini (the customer) to ditch the Nissan/Showa combo they are currently running?

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Honda

All these teams must be kicking themselves, wishing that they had the Yamaha M1 mtor package and not been drawn in by Honda's false promises. Looks like a clear case of misrepresentation. They should get their money back having been sold something under false pretenses!! Honda have made a big mistake!!. Ciao

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

Diceman

You may be right, i wonder if anyone will jump ship and move to the Yamaha package? Aleix Espagaro aside, they Yamaha does seem to be a weaker package but have the teams lost trust in Honda?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices