Skip to content

Discuss This Honda contemplating RCV1000R revamp for 2015 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Honda contemplating RCV1000R revamp for 2015

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Honda contemplating RCV1000R revamp for 2015

Honda has conceded it might have to radically change its new production Honda RCV1000R package to make it appealing for potential customers in 2015.The RCV1000R is Honda’s Open class project, designed to be a cheaper but competitive alternative to the Factory prototype RC213V.Costing around £1m to purchase outright, the production bike doesn’t feature technology like a seamless shift gearbox or...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 121 days ago (23 May 2014 11:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
vds45

Jan 11

vds45 says:

it's just politics

this is what I hate about motor GP it's nothing to do with the rider it's all to do with politics and who Benefits the most I know MM is very good but I thought it was very strange why they change the rulebook the day he graduated to MotoGP everybody should have the same material or very close it just makes some people look better and the Spanish are benefiting let's just be honest there is only two teams Yamaha and Honda three seats are taken by Spanish riders And when is an Italian give everybody the same ECU taking away the seamless gearbox only have two compound of tires for everybody this would save money makes the racing more interesting and I'm sure there would be a different outcome but I know this would never happen

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

Spec tyres, like engine Allocations and Fuel Allowances do nothing to lower costs. Ask yourself which is cheaper developing a chassis to work with a specific tyre or devloping rubber that works with your chassis. As all current Manafacturers have their own seamless technology what would be the point in banning a technology that has already had the development costs spent on it? the best we can hope is that by 2016 and the return to one set of regulations some of the more exotic technolgy may have filtered down to what is currently the Open Class. Yes the manafacturers will always have an edge (supposedly) the seemless gearbox is only worth tenths but thats not what we're talking about with the RCV1000 we're talking about an embarrising lack of grunt from a Manafacturer that markets itself on its ability to build an engine

Reply to this Topic
vds45

Jan 11

vds45 says:

you are brave

Big word for a little boy

Reply to this Topic
vds45

Jan 11

vds45 says:

foul language

I can see you are well educated with your foul language I am slacking no country off i'm just stating a fact that if your Spanish you get a helping hand but obviously you are not that well educated to understand 

Reply to this Topic
vds45

Jan 11

vds45 says:

Grow up

just grow up and stop throwing abuse at me with your foul language everybody knows you don't like Scott and you also seem to have a problem with me but as I said before I have no problem meeting you this is what real men do not hide your computer have a nice night

Reply to this Topic
vds45

Jan 11

vds45 says:

my mistake

I meant not hide behind your computer

Reply to this Topic
DaniPedola

Mar 13

DaniPedola says:

Politics is life

But all these Spanish riders, with the exception of A.Espaghettiho are all world champions. The multiple world champ's have bagged the best factory bikes. That's the way of the world. Honda supplying a gutless customer bike is a different issue.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Honda met the design brief requested by Ezpeleta. Yamaha cheated and the result of their underhanded dealings with the blessing of DORNA will be borne out when they fit 'mysteriously underpowered' M1 engines to Malvern Star Dragstar frames next year.

Despite the oohs and aahs, their attempt to look good this year has so far been a dismal failure and they deserve every fkn bit of it.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Open class

Aleix E , isn't doing much more than he did on th Aprilia ,Id like to have seen what Aprilia could have done with Aleix and a full on effort by the factory ; pnuematic valves , seamless gear change , the lot , but the Japanese saw off any threat of that scenario

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Conspiracy theory

Funny how Aleix Spaghettio has lost his pace since Qatar ..... was he perhaps too much of  a threat to the factory team ???     Only asking !

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices