Skip to content

Discuss This Michelin clinches MotoGP tyre deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Michelin clinches MotoGP tyre deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Michelin clinches MotoGP tyre deal

Michelin will take over from Bridgestone as the official tyre supplier for the MotoGP world championship in 2016.The French brand was the only one to submit a tender for the exclusive contract by yesterday’s (May 22) deadline, with Pirelli and Dunlop taking their interest no further after initial talks with Dorna.Michelin hasn’t been involved in MotoGP since 2008 when it...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 97 days ago (23 May 2014 11:21)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

pity they bothered

it would of been better seeing the teams get their own tyre deals with a choice of suppliers

Reply to this Topic
dred0

Oct 09

dred0 says:

They were the only ones to submit a tender!! Not only is there no competition due to the one tyre supplier rule there was not even any competition in the tender process!! Ummm something is not quite right here I feel.. You cannot have competition on the track when there is no ompetition off the track.. The one tyre supplier rule has now been put to bed.. Open tyre competition will prevail 

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

It's simply up to all the teams to get together and say no to Michelin and then Dorna will have to climb down and open up tyres to competition again.

"Ye are many, they are few" to quote Shelley.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

"Michelin clinches MotoGP tyre deal"? You make it sound like there was fierce bidding. Why would anyone want to bid for this? Let each team choose whatever tyres they want.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

been on the crysal meth again Huw?

Only a monosyllibic cretin like you could possibly turn a story about tyre suppliers into a character assassination of Cal Crutchlow,Your very unwell you pea brained half wit ,tell me Huw why do supermarkets provide mobility scooters for big fat stinking shoppers who manage to get to the store perfectly well in a taxi and wobble into the store and stuff their scooter baskets full of biscuits ice cream crisps and chocolate, why do you do that ?,does that accout for your obsession with swine?,if you recall the films Hannibal and good old brick top in Snatch may i suggest a similar use for pigs for Huw ?,"hence the saying as greedy as a pig ",a classic film only bettered by your portrayal of Emile in the "outlaw Josey Wales" and your all time best performance ,playing yourself the hillbilly in "Deliverance" ,"squeal piggy squeal" legendary Huw,Now back to the tyre situation ,what to do with all the unused Bridgestones,may I suggest a "Necklace" for Huw ,:lol:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DaniPedola

Mar 13

DaniPedola says:

Holleee sheeeit!

You try waaaay too hard pig-boy. A sad, desperate effort.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

good effort Huw

Two responces under different guises from the same moron,do we really need any more proof that your a mental person?, sick as a pig in fact,Huw are you thick as a Gherka's foreskin,Now what you doing for the rest of the week while normal folk are working? 

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Maybe

just maybe the bikes now are out performing the tyres and bridgestone know they cant produce a tyre that can cope with the excessive forces that a modern moto gp bike produces. This is also the reason the only company that could come close, Pirelli, just did not bother. I mean what other top flight series does Michelin supply?

Reply to this Topic
Stonered

Sep 12

Stonered says:

Just another proof behind Casey leaving I guess...Dorna making up the rules (badly) as they go along...bring on British superbike s....

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Huw idiot

Totally wrong as usual Huw ,Scarperia is nice for a meal in the evening and viewing isnt the best in the world because of it undulating nature but the last corners before the start and finish are good ,enjoy ,i will the break !

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices