Skip to content

KAWASAKI How fast does it go mister? ZZR1400

You are in... Forums > KAWASAKI > ZZR1400 > How fast does it go mister?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Adam Child  says:

How fast does it go mister?

‘How fast does it go mister?’ Whether it’s bikes or broadband, we’re obsessed by speed, so here are the facts you need to win your next pub debate Speed addiction has plagued humans since we first realised we could run. We’re fascinated by it, and the quest to discover who, or what, is the fastest. As soon as we’re sure we have...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 116 days ago (23 May 2014 13:11)

Post a message in ZZR1400

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Anyway...as I posted earlier

Nice Video and Write up........not to mention......BURP !

Reply to this Topic
albert88

Jan 10

albert88 says:

nooooo

dont let cb13 see this, too much power, cant use it small penis, he/she will implode.

Reply to this Topic
gingaman

May 14

gingaman says:

The clear king of speed is White & Blue!

I obviously watched a different video to the author or they've mixed up the 'numbers' (unlike MCN )

:-p

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

Academic at best...

...I've done over 180mph on a motorcycle, once. A little bit of poo came out and that was the end of my foray into 'flatting out' motorcycles. :D brown pant aside, the ZZR1400 is a superb machine.

Reply to this Topic
plumbgod

Jan 14

plumbgod says:

I've had a Zzr for about a month now and I still can't get used to the sheer force of the thing, it's genuinely frightening to ride at anything over a quarter throttle it goes nuts, yes I'm sure that the BMW handles far better and is more advanced but I think the big kawa is a far more comfortable way to experience the ultimate in acceleration besides the busa is damn ugly 

Reply to this Topic
tman39a

Mar 08

tman39a says:

BMW is the fastest road bike and has been for a few years even before the HP4 version.

The HP4 though has a factory sports exhaust etc and costs £4k more than the hyperbikes...so take a ZZR and add £4k of mods and see where they end up.

I've have both the hyperbikes and speed aside its hard to knock the available performance and near 200 mile tank range. Comfort is subjective, no 2 riders will view these bikes equally in that respect.

The interesting part in the write-up is the top speed sensation of the hyperbikes and its true....flat out they are almost docile, slowing them down quickly is another story...250+kg moving at 180+ takes some stopping.

As said its a pub chat situation and also quite pointless...any of these bikes will alter your perception of what 'fast' is all about.........as will any bike with 180+hp.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

What fast is all about

It's so true. My mum thinks her new 1.6 litre car is fast and loves having the power. She floors it and I'm sitting there not wanting to say that it's frankly nothing. I rarely open the taps on my bike because, whilst it has low overall BHP it has high torqure and low weight so it just flies.... I wish it had a few more RPM frankly. Anyone who has driven a "fast" car (excluding supercars) will be blown away by even the most basic bikes. Whilst I would like a bit more power and a bit more torque for commuting, it takes a Porche or something similar acting like a wanker to give me a headache and frankly, they just don't. A supercar driver knows they have a fast car and doesn't need to prove it. It's the minis and the corsas you have to watch out for because they're the ones who will try and make your life hell by trying to race you. 

Reply to this Topic
occytherp

Jul 05

occytherp says:

Big Kwak for me

I have had a ZX12R, Honda Blackbird and the ZZR 1400 model prior to this bike featured.  I cannpt comment on the Hyabusa, but if the new mods have improved the big kawasaki like they say then it must be one hell of a bike. I cannot imagine myself taking the BMW to the same speeds or distances I did on my ZZR.

All day comfort two up, steady as a rock on all surfaces and ballistic when required, the Kwak is by far the all round winner here when taking real world factors into consideration. Others may disagree, but the track is the only place to get the best out of  the BMW, and if the sodding bank had given me more money to fund a house purchase I would still have mine. 

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Evening All.........

evening Phil.......

Occy....... I too have had Blackbird, 06 ZZR1400, Two Gen Two Busas  and a whole load of other Sports Tourers including the Ground Breaking FJ1200 of 1988.....which incidentally was tested at....154 mph and a standing quarter of 11 secs dead....126mph terminal.......... I have decided to buy the ZZR1400 after owning and loving my two Busas for nearly 8 years and 86,000 miles or there abouts....... I also own a few other bikes including the MT09....which is absolutely without doubt the most Fun bike I have ever ridden........ The Latest ZZR is a natural step forward....... Long may these bikes continue.

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

Snev...

...now we have all been reminded of the bikes you own/have owned etc, did you have any actual comment to make on the article? Or was it simply a flying visit attempting to boast?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices