Skip to content

Discuss This Marc Marquez unaware of rival interest for 2015 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marc Marquez unaware of rival interest for 2015

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Marc Marquez unaware of rival interest for 2015

Marc Marquez reckons he knew nothing about potential interest from Yamaha, Ducati and Suzuki for 2015. As was widely expected, the Spaniard penned a new two-year HRC contract just before the recent French MotoGP round at Le Mans. Not surprisingly, enquiries were made about the 21-year-old’s availability from rival factories, but he had zero interest in entertaining a departure from HRC. Such was...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 128 days ago (27 May 2014 11:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

MM and HRC

I can't imagine him ever leaving Honda, they have groomed him since he was a kid and now he is living the dream. As much as i would love to see him on any other bike (just to see what he can do on board another manufacturer) i just think he will end his career still on board the factory Honda.

Reply to this Topic
RevNutz

Jan 13

RevNutz says:

Marc and Honda

Think about it. Marc can race in MotoGP for at least the next 15 years, that is an enormous amount of time to spend with one manufacturer. Although it seems like it now, Honda will not hold their advantage forever, other manufacturers will come and go, and you never know maybe Marc will get slower over time. He may even decide that he wants another challenge, if he kept winning the title year after year with Honda in the sort of fashion he is showing now, then it will just make it harder for us to understand how good he actually is, and he seems like the sort of Rossi esque person that would want to prove otherwise. Then again, the way he rides is beyond belief, and nobody can say he the most exciting, fastest young talent they've ever seen. Time will tell whether he can sustain his dominance as Rossi did during his younger years (for example), but he would need to do something similar to Rossi's 2004 title to prove he really is the greatest. I don't think he'll remain at Honda beyond 2016... especially if he continues to find it not as hard as he would like.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

HRC will have paid that agent a lot of money then. 

Reply to this Topic
Feckit

Jan 13

Feckit says:

Lewis

Ok, so I know we are not talking Formula 1, but look at Lewis Hamilton, he was groomed by McLaren from being a child in karts up to his move to Mercedes ----- Never say never. It only takes one link out of the chain to ruin a ride!

Reply to this Topic
Roscoe12R

Apr 14

Roscoe12R says:

Dude needs to learn the art of negotiation. I don t care if your plans are set in stone, you want to hear what the other teams are offering. If the rumors that he just signed for 7 million plus bonuses for wins and championships is true, i would fire Alzamora by sunset. He could have easily gotten twice that much without bonus structure

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

The caption should read...

Marc Marqez: Unaware of Rivals...

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Alzamora

is a plonker!!!!!!!!!!!! What an idiot. Of course he should have informed Marquez of the interest from other factories and then Marquez could have made a reasoned decision. I would sack him now. Whatever happened Honda have got him on the cheap and guess who he has to thank??? Yes!!!!!!!!!! It was him!!! his manager!!! jaja. He could have got double that amount from Honda or anyone else for that matter + bonuses!! Wonder how much extra  bonus Alzamora. pocketed from Honda for not disclosing the other factories interest??!! Ciao

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

Honda haven't got Marquez on the cheap I can assure you the one estimate on here is miles off.

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

Perhaps

for Marc it is about more than the money? Plus when i went to spain last year he was in almost every shop window, i wonder how much his sponsorship deals are bringing in for him outside of the paddock? Bearing in mind that something like 70% of Rossi's income does not come from Yamaha.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

21 years old

why should he think about moving for at least 4 years. He will earn more than the spanish GDP by the time he is 25.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices