Skip to content

Discuss This Marco Simoncelli honoured as MotoGP legend MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marco Simoncelli honoured as MotoGP legend

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Marco Simoncelli honoured as MotoGP legend

Marco Simoncelli, the rising star of MotoGP who tragically lost his life in a racing accident at Sepang in 2011, has been inducted as a MotoGP Legend on the opening day of this weekend’s Italian Grand Prix in Mugello. Simoncelli’s emotional father Paolo accepted a special medal on behalf of his son, who was known to millions of fans around...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 112 days ago (30 May 2014 12:43)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
VonStalhein

Feb 13

VonStalhein says:

It would have been fantastic to see where Marco would have gone within MotoGP. He would have been spectacular on a factory ride I reckon.

Reply to this Topic
olly8000

Apr 07

olly8000 says:

Still missed.....

Marco & Marquez on works Hondas now that would've been good to see

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

God bless america.

Reply to this Topic
VonStalhein

Feb 13

VonStalhein says:

Nostro

Ok, ok I was trying to figure it out myself but can't !! America ??!

Reply to this Topic
davefinnerty

Sep 13

davefinnerty says:

VonStalhein

I really dont think he could hold a candle to Marquez to be fair. 

I watched a documentary on Senna recently being discussed by three experienced reporters, when asked where he ranks among the legends of F1 all of them expreessed how incidents of unsportmanship/ recklessness tainted his legacy to the point that despite his  immense success and charisma none of them put him no.1.

I cant help but think without the rose tinted glasses and the tragedy Marco would not be considered a legend in the conventional sense in the sport.

I dont get it and I feel bad because "A" he died tragically and "B" it probably appears to some that you are having a cheap pop if you dont agree with the legend status he has now been immortalised in.

Reply to this Topic
DaniPedola

Mar 13

DaniPedola says:

America!

F*ck yeah! I imagine it's the import of the legends, hall of fame stuff they so like to do.

Harmless fun. Stick him in the club. Poor guy died not even in his prime through nothing more than losing the front.

Put Tomizawa in, and Daijiro Kato too for that matter.

Reply to this Topic
davefinnerty

Sep 13

davefinnerty says:

Dani

Kato is there

Reply to this Topic
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

The hypocrisy around the moto gp sphere is laughable

Praising Simoncelli's past "racecraft" while Bautista now, one of the most hated motogp rider, is hands down the closest thing to Marco's way of  racing.  #Takenoprisoners. 

Requiescat in pace MS

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
VonStalhein

Feb 13

VonStalhein says:

Dave

Yeah, I get your point and agree that he was reckless. Am I looking through rose tinted glasses ? Maybe. But I do think he was getting faster as time went on and not quite as ragged when riding. More rounded I guess. My point was that he may have went on to become a worthy rival for JL or DP once he honed his style. For sure he was no MM but then again, who is ?! 

Still, a tragic end to a young life (as is the case with most riders).

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

How is Bautista dirty like Simoncelli was Druids?

Remembering he was taken out at Mugello last year by a crazy line riding Terrapin.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices