Skip to content

Discuss This Melanie Sykes leaves BTSport MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Melanie Sykes leaves BTSport

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Melanie Sykes leaves BTSport

BTSport has officially announced that presenter Mel Sykes is no longer part of the MotoGP team. Craig Doyle, presenter for ITV4's Isle of Man TT coverage and BTSport's MotoGP Tonight programme, will be more involved with the MotoGP team. The following statement has been issued today, ahead of the weekend's race at Mugello. "We regret to say that Mel Sykes will no longer...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 109 days ago (30 May 2014 17:31)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Preadator

Jan 12

Preadator says:

There is a God!

I'm now a believer, my prayers were answered. Melanie as nice as she is, was absolutely the wrong person to front the Motogp coverage. It was blatantly apparent that she had no clue as to what Motogp was all about or who the riders were etc, etc., she even struggled reading an autocue. Perhaps if she did it in the nude i could have put up with her a bit longer.

Reply to this Topic
MotoGpNick

May 14

MotoGpNick says:

Bye Bye :)

Agreed a bit useless really, when on the opening night she mentioned MotoGp would be sexy I despaired.

Not a clue, why do they do this put people on who have no idea.

Now I wonder did she jump or was she pushed?

Reply to this Topic
aintnothin

Apr 12

aintnothin says:

Never saw her in action

but I think they should find a demure, younger, knowledgable, well dressed female who while talking about the intracacies of suspension and what not, keeps you wondering if she is the type who wears a garter belt...

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Bt learn quickly

Getting rid of mel and getting Parrish on board was a good move, coverage is improving IMO so now unless your a peasant like Benny we don't hVe to copy and paste anymore lol.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Good

She never belonged. Dumb appointment by some thick sexist UKIP type director who in his shallow little mind thought bike enthusiasts need 'babes'. The grid is full of brolly dollies - that's plenty enough!

I want opinions by those who know the game. Hodgson is coming along O.K. Toseland a little wooden for T.V really, Doyle seems to know his onions. The Keith and Jules show remains a little spikey, with Ryder perhaps the weak link there.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I think you've spent too much time at sea ahab

you sound like a bitter masogynist

Reply to this Topic
cossie748

Dec 07

cossie748 says:

She really wasn't the right person for the job, I personally would like to see Matt Roberts given a role either as main presenter or down in pit lane doing interviews.

Reply to this Topic
Strokey

Sep 02

Strokey says:

Hear hear Nostroterrapin. Bring back Suzy P would be my number one choice and reinstate Jake Humphrey back into F1 - this is where they both belong, they just don't seem right in their new roles - not feelin it.

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Good

Now just Keith and Neil to go and bring in Toby.  Job done! 

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Craig Doyle?

I'm not interested in anything the double glazing salesman has to say.  Mel was just an anchor - a sexy anchor - and wasn't supposed to be an authority on MotoGP.

Suzi Perry should be put out to pasture IMO.  It was OK having her as eye candy when she was in her twenties and thirties but it is just embarrassing watching her flirt with Eddie etc.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices