Skip to content

Discuss This Melanie Sykes leaves BTSport MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Melanie Sykes leaves BTSport

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Melanie Sykes leaves BTSport

BTSport has officially announced that presenter Mel Sykes is no longer part of the MotoGP team. Craig Doyle, presenter for ITV4's Isle of Man TT coverage and BTSport's MotoGP Tonight programme, will be more involved with the MotoGP team. The following statement has been issued today, ahead of the weekend's race at Mugello. "We regret to say that Mel Sykes will no longer...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 84 days ago (30 May 2014 17:31)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
nigel100

Jan 05

nigel100 says:

personally I am glad she has been found out to be useless it was embarrassing to watch stavros and co trying to feed her info from which to ask questions. if the powers to be want a tart to be anchor girl at least get a tart with a brain.

However given the right program I think she could increase the viewers that watch , say, cricket, move over boycott we got a right one ere

Reply to this Topic
Popski

Feb 09

Popski says:

What's with Craig Doyle anyway ?, what kind of authority is he on bike racing or is he there as 'eye candy' for the female viewers ?. For Crissake give us people who know what they're talking about and not just 'camera friendly' vacuous presenters. They wouldn't dare put some pretty/handsome know-nothing to commentate on the footy but apparently any clown will do for bikes  !.

Reply to this Topic
eyewitnessaccount

Aug 13

Hodgson

is so irritating at doing the grid walk.sykes was not cut out for the job,and as for a dumb sexist ukip type director?sad **** you are,

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Hodgson

Hodgsons the best bike sport presenter ive seen, Huewen and Ryder get right on my **** , Whitham and anyone else would be good

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Bit Harsh ?

I have met most of these presenters and Mel came over as avery nice person and in tv terms her cv is better than most ,Toseland is atrocious ,Hosdgson has the personality of a frog ,a grid interviewer clearly no one wants to speak to !,and Gavin Emmitt is an arse licking ex  journo on a jolly ,Craig Doyle is slicker to camera but is he really into bikes ? and Iwan 400metre runner,whats that about ?,Heuwen is the more genuine of the Ryder /Heuwen pairing and has rider and commentary pedigree ,Ryder not a nice piece of work and as banal as they come,Parrish a better proposition than Hodgson or Toseland by far,he would of worked well with Mel as he would of interacted,BT sport paying the price for being mugged by flannelers and having a big cheque book above presenting skill and love of the sport,I don't include m/s Sykes in that btw ,she is let down by her dross links especially Toseland and the lack of knowledge of the sport which in fairness she hasn't has a chance to grasp,BT still have some weeding to do and some ortunist con men to sort but like water they will find ther own level

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

She was a nice set-a-****, but as useless as ****-on-a-bull in terms of knowledge and presence. I'm sure there are female racers out there who could be recruited instead.

Reply to this Topic
DaniPedola

Mar 13

DaniPedola says:

Harsh?

Not at all. Don't know what it is with you thick stig, but you're full of bitterness and hate for most who love the sport and try their best, then some northern slapper comes along and you're full of praise. Do those sagging t!ts, and flappy bingo wings give you a little twinge down below? Or is it the vacant look you like?

Man, she's f*ckin' useless and had no place there. Just stick to name droppin', 'cause you're sh!te at everything else.

"He would of", "he would of" Come on, tell us which of the UK's great public schools doesn't teach the use of "have" to describe past events, "thestig"?

Hahahahahahahahaha, f*ckin' moron.

Reply to this Topic
VonStalhein

Feb 13

VonStalhein says:

Craig Doyle

I'm not sure what his knowledge of MotoGP is but I watched him covering the IoM TT and he didn't do a bad job at all. In fact his knowledge of the island track and specific sections impressed me !

But yeah, bring back Suzi P !!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Any racing on this weekend?

Or are all of MCN down the boozer with Farage?

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Look at Lowes!!!

Just put in a stonker of a lap to get on the front row. Well done that lad! Won't have time to check out his consistency but I hope he is in good shape for tomorrow.

Ciao Mama's!!!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices