Skip to content

Discuss This Mugello MotoGP: Marquez knocks Lorenzo for six MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Mugello MotoGP: Marquez knocks Lorenzo for six

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Mugello MotoGP: Marquez knocks Lorenzo for six

Marc Marquez was forced to fight hard with fellow Spaniard Jorge Lorenzo to make it six wins from six races in 2014 at Mugello. Lorenzo and Marquez moved to the front of the pack early on in the race and pulled away from the rest of the field, although Marquez looked unable to make a move on Lorenzo. Marquez left it late...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 92 days ago (01 June 2014 14:10)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

doohanfan

Check the lap times and consider starting from 10th. Had he qualified better he would have been with them easily, even if this track favours Lorenzo style.

Reply to this Topic
pogo_it

Jul 05

pogo_it says:

The world no.6 3rd in the race, 2nd in the championship, wasting that factory seat that he doesn't deserve, must be time for him to call it a day after all he clearly cant cut it anymore! fantastic rides by jlo and mm, was nice to see another proper fight on track, theyve been somewhat missing of late.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

I honestly thought..

..MM93 was just waiting..looking to make Jorge look silly..after passing then gapping him..but NO..Lorenzo battled back and did himself proud..he's learnt so much at the knee of Rossi about racing..

Did you see the fans..on the track at the podium..sea of yellow..Valentino on the mic..everybody cheering..

Mint..

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
monkeyninja

Sep 11

monkeyninja says:

What a great battle! This is what the championship needs: Sure, MM is going to take the title, but the only hope of victory against him is to duff him up like today and at Qatar which was the only other challenge he has faced in 6 races.

DP is fading faster than I thought. Even JL has regained his mojo and I'm glad he has.

Yamaha needs to have JL and VR lined to to tangle with MM and slow him down. Seriously, it will have to be WWE-style smackdown with folding chairs too. Let's face it, only if he is forced into a mistake can anybody beat him.

And yes, VR has the potential but not consistently like MM.

Agree with other comments here that VR seriously needs to sort out his qualifying to stand a chance of the above MM-duffing-up scenario. If I heard correctly during the race commentary, the **** up with the soft tyre was exacerbated by Bridgestone not having enough front hard allocation for VR yesterday. If true, that is worrying.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

I am glad to see

that Jorge appears to retain the intestinal fortitude I had attributed to him De G. I think Dani is gone, he has realised he is never going to win a premier class world championship. I was tending to the view that Jorge had decided he was never going to win another one either and had gone into a terminal decline as well, to my disappointment, but it looks like he is going to continue to fight it out at least.

No excuses for Valentino vis a vis Jorge in this race, he should have qualified better, just as Jorge shouldn't have fallen off in the first race and jumped the start in the second race.

Reply to this Topic
glm7354

Mar 13

glm7354 says:

This year VR will finished in 3d or 4th positision but next year will be much lower, i suppose.When new riders comes. old go home.

Reply to this Topic
DaniPedola

Mar 13

DaniPedola says:

Where's Rainman?

Still out celebrating Cal's 6th place on the grid? I'd change my name to Nostrodumass, but my predictions are usually correct.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

doohanfan

Did it occur to you that this track was the best chance for Lorenzo to impose his style?

Last year he won and still today was nowhere near Marquez in terms of race pace in 2013, 0.290 vs 0.092.

This year he is closer at the end but still cannot win it, i guess this sums it up, plus we saw precisely why he needs to start in front.

The fast tracks suits the M1 better, particularly Lorenzo with his settings, in fact despite the appearence the gap have increased while that with Rossi have decreased dramatically 1'47.984 vs 1'48.084 best lap times for them, without the possibility for Rossi to slipstream them.

So even is he have had a remarquable race he still is dominated in terms of pace by MM and it is the first time this year he is faster than Rossi during a race. By how much again?

glm7354: More likely second with one or more wins.

Reply to this Topic
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

"Check the lap times and consider starting from 10th. Had he qualified better he would have been with them easily, even if this track favours Lorenzo style."

You, you should watch the race instead fanboy. Rossi closed the gap only when Lorenzo and Marquez started to fight. Once a clean lap for either of them, they were instantly pulling away again.

There's no shame to admit both were faster than Rossi today, But you're never afraid to be embarrassed, isn't it ? I never seen such a big mouth having so little comprehension about what he's talking about. Enough time wasted, pi$$ off.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

As I said De Grasse

it is one race, and I will wait and see. As I also said, Jorge at least seems to have regained his mojo/to have a competitive attitude again.

You don't think MM and Lorenzo might have slowed each other down with all the passing and re-passing, btw?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices