Skip to content

Discuss This Mugello MotoGP: Marquez knocks Lorenzo for six MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Mugello MotoGP: Marquez knocks Lorenzo for six

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Mugello MotoGP: Marquez knocks Lorenzo for six

Marc Marquez was forced to fight hard with fellow Spaniard Jorge Lorenzo to make it six wins from six races in 2014 at Mugello. Lorenzo and Marquez moved to the front of the pack early on in the race and pulled away from the rest of the field, although Marquez looked unable to make a move on Lorenzo. Marquez left it late...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 62 days ago (01 June 2014 14:10)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Druids

Who are you calling a fanboy you troll-in-chief?

The lap times says it all; both Marquez and Rossi does it during the 5th lap while Lorenzo been in front from the start, does his on the 22nd.

So it's obvious that you have as always only a fat mouth to spread yet more of your usual ignorance, Marquez and Lorenzo slipstreamed each other in the straight, Rossi does his times on his own after extracting himself from 10th.

Now **** off and learn a little about racing before coming back calling people names, clown.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

doohanfan

Attitude yes. Dominant form no, again it is only a track where the Yamaha have always done well vs the Honda, the other one would be Assen but Lorenzo is not at his best there, and Silverstone.

So let's see what happens next on tracks not so favourable to the M1s.

What matter is the fact that Yamaha was unable to win this W-E while Honda did show some improvement compared to last years in terms of corner speed.

Now Rossi was obviously handicapped by his position on the grid, the M1 still isn't as soft on tyres as the RC, he had to push more than he probably would have had he started from 2nd row to stay with them, and he was doing his race alone, which is harder btw, if you had tried it once.

Now in view of this race i don't think Marquez has much worry to have from either but on different tracks than these i'm curious to know how Lorenzo will be beating Rossi regularly, considering the circumstances of today's race.

Now let's the man himself say i6t as it was:

“The practice and the weekend were a little difficult,” he admitted afterwards. “I think I had a chance to fight with them, but we gave that away yesterday in qualifying. From the fourth row it is very hard to win. We had a problem in Warm Up so we couldn’t try a new setting. I was very lucky in the beginning and could overtake many riders who used the slip stream yesterday in qualifying. It is good to be back on the podium in Mugello, it is very special.”

Rossi. Mugello.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

Who gets second

Is obviously much less important than who gets first, but it is interesting that excuses apparently exist for Rossi but never for Lorenzo. Lorenzo's fastest lap was right near the end, so I don 't think tyre wear was a problem for him .

I am not sure How this race was illustrative of your convention regarding Lorenzo needing to be in front either

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Props to Jorge

The only guy to issue a serious challenge to Marc so far this season.  Assen should be a cracker if the conditions are good and Jorge steps up again...

Maybe Mark Cavendish can get Cal a job on the cycling circuit as his position at Ducati looks shakier by the day...

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

doohanfan

You only give opinions here, "excuses" for Lorenzo i gave plenty starting by the tyres issues from Sepang, so take a hike and tell stories of double standards to someone else.

ChupaChump:
Rossi at Losail from 10th = +0.259. Lorenzo this W-E from 3rd : =  +0.121.

I can't see much difference there in terms of serious challenges even less in terms of performances considering their respective place on the grids.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Weeks ago we had a big debate about if  Dani was still the man to partner MM at Honda and it was agreed that he was the man because although fast, he doesn't pose to much of  threat to MM.     Well, Rossi who is the so called #2 is actually doing better than the #1 rider, so if people who feel the need to slag him off then it reeks off double standards.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

About bl00dy time

the real Jorge Lorenzo turned up 2014, hopefully for the remainder of the season. Brilliant animal spirit, forcing Marquez to ride to his limit for the first time all year - you only needed to see MM's running wide, front end folds and sit-up moments to register that.

The Terrapin is in the form of his life. Solid ride, but given he was only 0.5 secs behind MM at the end of lap two he was nothing more than an observer for that entire race. He's at his absolute limit. Consistent podiums yes. Race winner, no. He simply doesn't have the ultimate pace required.

Pedrosa continues to be a massive disappointment - least not to himself I dare say. He's come back from worse adversity before though, so too early to write him off completely. He might just be considering changing marques that little more seriously now though. Get him on that Red Sled I say!

Bradl, jeez, they were two huge off's. Locking the front in warm-up and then the Crutchlow wrecking ball in the race. Poor ****.

Redding is starting to disappoint me, although how much is the hinderance of Showa and Nissin over even the other RCVR's all of which run Ohlins and Brembo?

Man of the day? Still the mighty Marc Marquez. Utter brilliance against a resurgent opponent on a motorcycle every bit the equal of the RCV213.

LOTW. You calmed down yet? All that hate is eating you up.

Reply to this Topic
VeritasH

Apr 13

VeritasH says:

If Danny can't start putting his bike into 2nd a bit more often then Honda might start thinking about someone else for that seat, I for one have been very suprised by Pedrosa's drop in form. 

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Nostro

You complete idiot. Did you not watch the 1st race of the year. Though not

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Good battle between JLo and MM.

Reply to this Topic