Skip to content

Discuss This Mugello MotoGP: Marquez knocks Lorenzo for six MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Mugello MotoGP: Marquez knocks Lorenzo for six

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Mugello MotoGP: Marquez knocks Lorenzo for six

Marc Marquez was forced to fight hard with fellow Spaniard Jorge Lorenzo to make it six wins from six races in 2014 at Mugello. Lorenzo and Marquez moved to the front of the pack early on in the race and pulled away from the rest of the field, although Marquez looked unable to make a move on Lorenzo. Marquez left it late...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 122 days ago (01 June 2014 14:10)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Gidday JW

It's everything a GP should be Mugello isn't it. I had a weekend there in 1995. Casanova / Savelli for me. A repeat visit long over due and shall remain so for some time. Only another ten years before the damn kids are out of the house and I get a life back.

Reply to this Topic
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

So you did see with your own eyes Lorenzo outbraking Marquez at turn 1..

how is that possible ? I'm sure someone here said Lorenzo couldn't outbrake anybody... ho ho !

Reply to this Topic
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

Casanova Savelli

All the Biaggi fans were there back in the day. 

ps: By back in the day I mean a minimum of 5 years after you went there Nostro 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Knocked for six - for the hard of comprehension...

...is a reference to Marc winning all six races this season and nothing to do with J-Lo's sterling efforts out on track yesterday.

On another note...  Is trying to grab a podium on an inferior bike better than settling for being 'fastest Ducati rider'.  Is this a rider being realistic or unambitious?  

Personally, I salute Iannone for giving it a go even if Dovi was there to claim 'the spoils' when the tires gave up...

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

I have no doubt

Rossi gives very good feedback De G, and the analogy someone made with Senna is an apt one imo.

These things are now rather complex engineering wise and electronics wise though, with by most reports the computer techs close to the most important among the crew. I doubt very much Rossi has much technical knowledge in that area.

Michael Schumacher reputedly had some background as a mechanic which helped in his heyday, but I doubt would be very relevant now. Jack Brabham who only died a couple of weeks ago would seem very likely to forever remain the only one to win an F1 or GP world championship with a vehicle of his own manufacture (Ron Tauranac's and his to be more precise). In mentioning F1, I do agree with Nostrodamus about the bike racers vs the car racers btw.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

I don't share JW's schadenfreude for Cal...

...but he is totally exposed at the minute.  I'm not really sure how much longer either party can go on TBH.

The M1 obviously made him look better than he was...

Reply to this Topic
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

What about Bradl ?

Poor lad, what a rotten weekend. 

bradl

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Gidday Druids

I gather you've a pilgrimage to Mugello under your belt too. Oh there were plenty of Biaggi fans in 1995. He was their man back in those days.

That front end lock Bradl had in warm up was one hell of an off, and then Cal rubs great chunks of rock salt into his wounds in the race. What a rotten way to spoil a weekend at such a tremendous venue. Stefan didn't deserve that. But it's looking increasing like he doesn't deserve his RCVR either. Him and Bautista are class riders yet  testament to the fact that it's no easy motorcycle to ride. Certainly more fickle than the M1.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Or Chump..

..you could say, the Ducati is making Cal look worse than he really is?..

..we won't know until they fix the bike.  

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Wow I'm impressed ahab

2 whole posts without obsessing over the hugely talented Valentino. You feeling ok?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices