Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Tragic

Terrible news

Sympathy to those involved and those that saw it.

It's a dangerous place on the roads. :upset:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 144 days ago (01 June 2014 19:55)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Barney Fartpants

Sep 07

That's bad

I wonder how it happened :upset:

There were two killed on the roads here this weekend too, in separate accidents. :upset:

Reply to this Topic
mobileenoph

Jun 07

mobileenoph says:

The reason I don't ride in groups,prefer to ride alone... R.I.P. :upset: 

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

:upset::upset::upset: R.I.P

Reply to this Topic
Barney Fartpants

Sep 07

TBH

I think riding in groups is safer. A group, I reckon, is much more visible than a single rider, that's speaking as both a rider and a driver. Having said that you still need to ride like you are alone even if you are in a group.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Prefer to ride on me own

or with one or two mates I know and trust.

Reply to this Topic
Barney Fartpants

Sep 07

yeah

I know what you're saying there too. I remember one time I turned up for a rideout that a couple of mates of mine were going on, along with some others I didn't know. When I got there the others turned out to be about a dozen or more and they set off like nutters wheelying and revving to limiters, etc.

We said fuck that for a bit of craic and the three of us went the other way and rode round by Donegal and a brilliant day. If we had of went with the others we would have ended up in hospital or court, or worse...

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Sad News.

I've spent most of the day watching my Son playing Cricket.......all the while hearing Bikes being thrashed...... being near to the motorway, I could count the gear changes and imagine the speeds...... So many Bikes out today. unlike last weekend when it was cold and wet.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

I hear

them going past my place which is a 40 limit (borderline should be a 30) and they're doing way in excess of that - by the sounds of it nearer 70-90. There's a time and a place for speed. Unfortunately so many don't get it and that's why motorcyclists die and that in turn is why the cops clamp down so hard on us.

Of course this could have been a car coming round a corner too fast onto their side of the road, ploughing into the bikes. There's no explanation or course of events on there but having seen how groups ride sometimes I just don't want to be associated with them and do my best to put distance between me and them.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices