Skip to content

General That time of year again??? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > That time of year again???

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

That time of year again???

For so many bikes to have been involved in the incident is unusual. Don't know the specifics of this incident but it opens a few questions.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-27657545

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 53 days ago (02 June 2014 13:28)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
52 Black Shadow

Apr 03

Kinda puts a lot of stuff in perspective.........

This kinda puts a lot of stuff in perspective doesn't it!  We had a bad crash near my home a couple of months back. It was the start of the good weather and involved about 6 bikes and a car.  Seems the car saw a group of motorcycles coming up hill in a 40 limit and going quite slowly. As the car turned right into Towcester Racecourse the front couple of bikes reached a national speed limit sign, and decided to try to drag each other up to a ton.  Both hit the car side on, then four other bikes which were following them either collided with other cars in the vicinity, or simply fell off trying to avoid the crash.  Would be difficult to say who was at fault, but the riders of the two front bikes were airlifted to hospital and a couple of the other riders followed in ambulances.

Ride safe All,

Shad.

Reply to this Topic
obewan

Mar 03

obewan says:

Aye

Saw that report this morning be interesting to hear what happened. Sounds very peculiar doesn't it, even if they were group riding and someone pulled out you think some of them would have stopped in time.

Reply to this Topic
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

Group rides

Stopped going on them years ago. Too many people with different skill levels, plus the bravado of some, so you could guarantee, on every ride, there'd be some incident. 

Usually out now, either with my lad as pillion or with a mate who I've ridden with for nigh on 40 years. 

The other side to these stories, is, if the police follow the same tack as the Yorks bikers involved in a accident, the survivors could see their homes raided, bikes confiscated, and have years of the authorities trying to prosecute for causing death by dangerous driving. 

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Awful news

and very peculiar, i thought the same that if one at the front didn't make it then you would've thought the others would have had enough time to react, unless it was side on.

Families must be at there wits end.

I am a solo rider most of the time, I amble along at my own pace staying out as long or as little as I want.

Reply to this Topic
AlbertHerring

Nov 09

Local paper

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/penyffordd-motorcycle-tragedy-sparks-calls-7206621

... says two groups of bikes going in opposite directions plus the car, so I'd guess that an overtake went wrong. RIP the two lads, anyway.

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

looks like.....

the impact was on a bend on a crest.

The crash scene in Penyffordd where two bikers were killed

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale