Skip to content

Discuss This Bradley Smith not concerned by recent slump MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Bradley Smith not concerned by recent slump

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Bradley Smith not concerned by recent slump

Bradley Smith has denied the pressure is building on the British rider after his early crash out of last weekend’s Italian Grand Prix in Mugello. The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider made a brilliant start to his second season in MotoGP when he claimed a maiden front row start in the season’s opening clash in Qatar. He was then battling...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 50 days ago (04 June 2014 10:34)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

It's thrilling to know Huw's thrilled by my last thrilling post..

...and as he very succinctly points out, there's just no room for 'one off' 'flash in the pan' performances, and that's the very reason I worry for young Brad.. 

His former team-mate was already impressing in the opening races to his second season on the bike and of course, as we all know, that continued into his third exceptional year and ended with a 2 year factory contract and financial security for life..

I'm hoping, like Huw, Bradley can turn it around and start putting in performances similar to his illustrious former team-mate..is he good enough?..

I hope so..

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Yes but

I would suggest that it was Yamaha Motor Corp racing division that made the call for Pol to replace Cal and not Herve.

Bradley was 1 year into a 2 year contract whereas Cal was out of contract and wanted a factory ride.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

It's curious Saturn..

..how some people are now trying to suggest they know all about Cal's salary demands..d'ya not think?

..particularly when they admit lower down this thread, they have no idea of how much Tech 3 pay!..

Bluff, flanel, complete bullsh*t?..you decide.

The truth is, Lin Jarvis and Yamaha wanted to keep Crutchlow, but as his star was shining so brightly, unfortunately they just couldn't afford to keep him..Cal had earned a factory ride and it was only right he moved on to new pastures..

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Ducati

made Cal an offer he couldn't refuse .. must have had a good reason for doing that.    We shall see .. half a season to go.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Saturn, you know the blues..

..here's something a little juicy for you..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tNhGTlQwiY

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

300K is the amount quoted by some journo's

as being his Tech3 salary ... while Ducati were willing to stump up 2.5 million.   It's a no brainer really Cal believes in himself and with a financial reward 8 times greater than at Tech 3 and a factory ride to boot it was an easy choice.   

He had discussions with LCR with a view to replacing Bradl and although he would have probably had more factory support (HRC) are generally thought to give greater support to their satellite teams than Yamaha he would still have been playing second string to the Repsols.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Thanks for the Blues link CHR

Nice solo riff on that 'Les Paul'.

Here's one for you more my style ... ''SVR'' playing the archetypal Fender strat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU0MF8pwktg

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

I saw Stevie in '89..

..in LA. The guy was unbelievable and didn't miss a beat - it was a wonderful night. Such a shame that it was all cut short...Bonamassa's style is more Kossoff/Clapton than SRV, but he's definitely got some great chops..

Great link Saturn..enjoyed that one.

You're quite right about Cal's salary mate, obviously Huw missed me mentioning it lower down the thread - still, not to worry, at least you're on the ball. And your assesment of the situation needs no more discussion in my book. You nailed it..

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices