Skip to content

Discuss This TT 2014: McGuinness opens account in TT Zero race TT & road races

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > TT & road races > TT 2014: McGuinness opens account in TT Zero race

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

TT 2014: McGuinness opens account in TT Zero race

John McGuinness has opened his account at the 2014 Isle of Man TT race by taking the victory in the SES TT Zero race on the Mugen Shinden bike, beating off his teammate Bruce Anstey to win by over twenty seconds. McGuinness also achieved the team’s goal of a lap over 115mph average, setting a new lap record for the Zero...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 81 days ago (04 June 2014 11:35)

Post a message in TT & road races

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
simplebystander

Oct 10

Don't like these races counting towards TT wins if I'm honest - 6 bikes finished, only two of which capable of winning, isn't really worthy of a TT trophy to me.

Reply to this Topic
records1990

May 12

records1990 says:

McGuinness win.

It's obviouse he's been suffering this year from his injury, but no matter how many there were in the race a win is a win at the TT so instead of moaning give him sone creddit.

Reply to this Topic
vanortset

May 09

vanortset says:

electric bikes

electric bikes are the future, or at least thats what we are being brainwashed into thinking. this so called race is just a sales pitch.

Reply to this Topic
Ricky850

Oct 06

Ricky850 says:

well I guess if it's called a 'TT' race then it counts but got to agree that a class in which 6 bikes finish and only 2 have any realistic chance of winning makes a bit of a mockery of the TT. Obviously John would like to better Joey Dunlops 26 wins but I'm sure he would prefer to do it by winning races against real competition. I know Johns carrying an injury this year but I think he'd be finding the competition tougher this year anyway, it was tough enough last year without injury.

Reply to this Topic
cossie748

Dec 07

cossie748 says:

I wonder what Joey's opinion would've been of the battery powered bikes? I'm too young to remember him racing but would've been interesting to see if he'd have embraced the electric bikes and raced them or if he would've shunned them.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Really?

Too calculated too much about wages , injured or not does a pro rider turn up 3stone overweight with bad teeth and expect a win in a big class ?,He may be a tt legend but the reality is, a wage driven slob to old to do anything else ,sorry but it all about the cash tt  zero is about right !

Reply to this Topic
storminben

Jul 10

storminben says:

What a bunch of miserable tossers on here spouting frankly ridiculous bile!!

Stig - 3stone - where is that figure from?
        -  WTF does bad teeth have to do with riding ability?

Ricky - look back at the history of the event. New classes are introduced and for the first few years the field is slim. Would you have bemoaned the junior race in the 20s when the winning margin was nearly 20 minutes!! And beating Bruce Anstey (dont forget, the current all time fastest lap record holder) on equal machinery makes it far from a hollow vistory!!

Reply to this Topic
welchguy

Jun 14

welchguy says:

Should it count as 21st

Not much of a race, really only 2 bikes likely to win, and was it only one lap

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN