Skip to content

Discuss This Scott Redding pulls out of TT parade lap General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Scott Redding pulls out of TT parade lap

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Scott Redding pulls out of TT parade lap

Scott Redding has withdrawn from a scheduled appearance in the Isle of Man TT parade lap later this week. The 2013 Moto2 world championship runner-up was due to ride the famous Mountain course with British MotoGP rivals Cal Crutchlow, Bradley Smith and Michael Laverty on Friday. But the deaths earlier this week of Bob Price and Karl Harris has seen Redding, who...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 143 days ago (04 June 2014 13:05)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SundayRoast

Oct 11

SundayRoast says:

Hold fast

Good on you Scott. Hold fast to your principles and sod the press and what they try to constantly read into statements. It is only your business as to why you do things and not some public press machine bending your will.

As supporters, we all have great respect for Bob & Karl and will grieve in our own way (as will you). Stay safe and sod them all. You will be missed on the island but them's the breaks. Good luck.

Reply to this Topic
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

SundayRoast

Wholeheartedly agree with your comments, Scott has only respectfully pulled out due to the loss of a very close and dear friend, good on him! we all have different ways of dealing with these types of things!

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Sunday Roast..

..very nicely put. 

Reply to this Topic
britri123

Dec 07

britri123 says:

Well done Scott, total respect to you and sod the people who dont understand how you are feeling.

Reply to this Topic
minivin

Dec 02

minivin says:

while from another source....

www.manxradio.com/newsread.aspx

"After paying respects to Karl Harris, who died during yesterday’s Superstock race, the 21 year old from Gloucestershire said TT “is like death race” and added riders who finish are relieved to do so in one piece."

So, with that additional stance on the story, what are peoples opinions now? MCN ain't given the full story as usual......

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

Scott on twitter last night

Scott caused a bit of controversy on twitter last night, that is where he called the TT a "death race" and questioned whether the event should be allowed to continue. He got into a big argument with a few people on twitter, where there were a lot of calls for him to "not bother coming, coz you will get boo-ed" .  And today this press release confirming he won't be attending.

Scott may perhaps have been a bit out of line last night, but i don't think he meant any disrespect. The whole saga is still available for all to see on his twitter account.

Reply to this Topic
DBF80

Aug 10

DBF80 says:

Did he really say it shouldn't be allowed to continue or did he say that he thought the bikes were too powerful now? Raising some comments about safety is not the same as stating that it should be banned.

Pretty sure he also said that he could be wrong about the TT as he'd never been there.

Reply to this Topic
records1990

May 12

records1990 says:

Scott Reading's comment.

After reading some of the comments I'd just like to send my condolences to both the riders families out of respect of there loved ones, who died doing what they loved best.

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

Scott's comments

As stated, he didn't call for the TT to be banned, he just questioned whether it was right to let it continue. You are right in saying that he said he could be wrong as he had never been, which he then went on to say is part of the reason he still wanted to attend on Friday.

I think a lot of fans last night on twitter were very harsh towards him and made him feel very unwecolme, i'm not surprised he has pulled out of doing it. In my opinion i don't think he should have gone as far as calling it a "death race" as i can imagine why people took offense to that, as i am sure you can as well. 

At the end of the day everyone is entitled to an opinion, i just think the way Scott came across initially last night was a little rash. I also think people took what he was saying in completely the wrong way.

Reply to this Topic
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

Scott Redding

The guy is hurting badly having lost a couple of friends in as many days, one a very very close friend, we can all say and do things that can be taken out of context at stressfull and intense times like these, give him peace and time to mourn

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices