Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati: Essential to keep Andrea Dovizioso in 2015 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati: Essential to keep Andrea Dovizioso in 2015

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati: Essential to keep Andrea Dovizioso in 2015

Ducati boss Gigi Dall’Igna reckons it is essential to keep Andrea Dovizioso on a Desmosedici machine in 2015. The Bologna factory is facing stiff competition from Suzuki for the experienced Italian’s signature. Suzuki is eager to get the former 125GP world champion to lead its premier class return next year and his departure would be a hammer blow to Ducati’s bid to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 84 days ago (05 June 2014 10:47)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DaniPedola

Mar 13

DaniPedola says:

Screw that Gigi

That's not what the Ducatisti want. Ditch the aloominum, smother her in carbon fibre and stick someone young and firm on it.

Ooooh I'm getting all horny just thinking about it. How about you Eddy, Bootlicker? Maybe give her an extra brake lever too, that's different. Oh man, I need to go somewhere private....

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Got to agree JW

Cal could be going else where. Suzuki? Forward? WSBK?

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

I can see

Cal and Iannone doing a straight swap to be honest, the fans will be pleased with two quick Italians on the Ducati. I can't see Dovi leaving now, not when he has put up with all the problems the Duke has had and it is looking like they have a real shot at becoming competitve again. Perhaps Ducati will be the big winners in 2016 with the massive rules shake up? It has happened before, could it happen again?

I really hope Suzuki get some good solid riders on board, i want them to do well so badly!

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Dovcati

I cant think of any rider better than Dovi for the job Ducati have for him , a Lorenzo or a Pedrosa would do little but moan at what they have , Dovi is a grafter , if it means accepting a 1:44 when the the Hondas and Yamahas are doing 1:43 He will push but not too much to end up upside down in a ditch unlike others we could mention cough Crutchlow cough .I Think a bonus for Iannone of being given full factory status is called for and a shot at  MotoGP for Folger next season :)

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Good action shot

He always looks smooth, neat and tidy on a bike does Dovi. But this still perfectly captures just how physical a MotoGP must be on board. Exiting a right hander, fighting the wheelie, body on the move to the other side of the bike and wheel cocked with countersteer for the impending left.

Good call Richard. Do VW want a German under their Italian colours? Would you plumb for likely to be unemployed Bradl or a rising star like Folger?

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Ducati line up

Won't chNge.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Foggy

Youre probably right Foggy , I'd run a fast conveyor in MotoGP though :D

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

if he does leave

wil that make CAL the number 1 crasher? opps he already is. my bad

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Dovi isn't going anywhere

He won't kill the goose that laid the golden egg  and  besides which he wants to be the Italian rider/bike combination that brings Ducati back up to the top table ... think what an accolade that would be.

He is still smarting from the piss-poor treatment he got from HRC and then Yamaha and on a competitive bike he is better than most.

Nothing would please Mr. Ordinary more than getting the Ducati winning.  There is no chance in Suzuki getting up to speed  in the next 3 years.

Cal will probably be able to finish his 2 year contract (maybe with Pramac) after all Ducati were willing to stand by the crash-prone Spies when he wasn't even riding.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

A match made in heaven

Dovi & Ducati have resigned themselves to never winning anything at all. Get some new blood in.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices