Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati: Essential to keep Andrea Dovizioso in 2015 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati: Essential to keep Andrea Dovizioso in 2015

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati: Essential to keep Andrea Dovizioso in 2015

Ducati boss Gigi Dall’Igna reckons it is essential to keep Andrea Dovizioso on a Desmosedici machine in 2015. The Bologna factory is facing stiff competition from Suzuki for the experienced Italian’s signature. Suzuki is eager to get the former 125GP world champion to lead its premier class return next year and his departure would be a hammer blow to Ducati’s bid to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 108 days ago (05 June 2014 10:47)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Truth is Pacey

Some of us are getting old and it gets harder to accept the progress of modern living and values.

The old days were best eh ?    (or were they ?).

Reply to this Topic
TheApexTwin

Feb 14

TheApexTwin says:

Get rid of factory involvement? When so much of the field is linked to the few manufacturers that are involved, how indeed?

I kind of like the Moto1 concept, but only as a way of settling a few arguments. Be a bit boring 'round here with nothing to argue about, though...

One make series' just don't attract the interest or the talent of prototype racing. The current system looks pretty much entrenched.

I don't know if there could be some compromise between 'Moto1' and factory prototypes. The privateers just can't compete, and I'm not sure if the upcoming rule changes are going to make much impact. I think something radical is needed - how about factories continuing to do their thing, and another manufacturer providing a production prototype bike for the other teams to use? Something close enough to a factory or satellite bike, but priced within range of what the better funded privateers can afford. Maybe the smaller teams would drop out, but the harsh reality is that they're slogging away for very little recognition. And if the whole field was competitive, the series might attract bigger investors looking to build a race team. in the meantime, let the factories return to bespoke tyres if they can afford to fund it, while the 'Moto1' privateer bike could also run on a tyre designed specifically for it, bypassing the control tyre versus tyre war argument.

Never gonna happen, I know. Too much bullsh!t and politics for anything like that to be a reality. Christ, if they can't even agree on a tyre, how would anyone agree on a whole bike being standard? It's a silly idea, so I'm expecting a few potshots coming my way - fire at will...

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

At least you're giving it some thought Apex instead of just criticising. I think the same as you nothing much will change in the foreseeable future !

Reply to this Topic
davefinnerty

Sep 13

davefinnerty says:

Barring the the stupid single tyre supplier rule I dont think its too bad. Put a Lorenzo or Rossi on tech3 bikes and they'd still be up front. Same goes for putting Marquez on the Bradls LCR. The only exception is Gresini because of the showa/ nissin situation. 

Same applies to the Ducati's, Iannone/Crutchlow are proof that an on form satelite rider can beat factory. Put a proper good young gun on the prodution Honda and they would still shine, its the same for the forward Yamaha's. We dont know their full potential either

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

dave

The last time a non-works bike won a race was Tony Elias in 2006. MM,DP,JL and VR. Everyone else is just making up the numbers on machinery that isn't good enough to win.

Reply to this Topic
davefinnerty

Sep 13

davefinnerty says:

CH987

Its hard to agrue with stats and your correct about Elias but I do feel if Macquez was on an LCR he'd win and if you put lorenzo on Brads bike he would be there or thereabouts, all speculation on my part anyways!

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

now heres a thought

what ever happened to all the classes? we use to have 50cc, 125cc, 250cc, and up. dont forget side cars. more to watch and my guess more manufactures getting in to the diff classes to show there stuff. just like the good old days. have some 2 strokes tech also that way i belive it would be a little cheaper and alot more chances for new riders to show there stuff.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

How about

Factorys only make the engines and gear boxes the rest of the bike is down to individual teams to source parts, chassis and so on and so forth. Cap the bhp at 225, open tyre war again, no limits on changes to the bike but sealed engines and each team can only have six of them.  

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Or give them all Mini bikes and make them race round go cart tracks.

Reply to this Topic
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

CHR I think you have contracted

nostrildamitis agudis...

Iannone is doing far better in inferior equipment. Dovi is just faaar more experienced, he manages his race and tires in a more effective way. For now...

Cal is the man to beat or... er... 2 bits?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices