Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Has the Isle of Man TT become too dangerous? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Has the Isle of Man TT become too dangerous?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

Poll: Has the Isle of Man TT become too dangerous?

Has the isle of man become too dangerous?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 140 days ago (06 June 2014 17:41)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
plumbgod

Jan 14

plumbgod says:

nanny state again

If you ask any of the racers they will tell you that they do it for the love of it and know the risks and race regardless

Take the attitude of Guy Martin after his big crash a few years ago, and Connor cummins after that horrific crash,both of them were  back on a bike doing the same thing as soon as they were able with no regrets, i just wish the liberal nanny state idiots would bore off and leave the racing to those who know best

Reply to this Topic
busaman195

Aug 09

busaman195 says:

tt

Love to watch it but thats it,i havn`t got big balls unlike the rider`s who ride the TT.hat`s off to them

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

I'm not sure

the 'level' of risk really changes.

The speeds go up, but then brakes, tyres, and protection performance do to; as does medical assistance.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Nobody makes em do it

they want to.

And if the man from the ministry stepped in and said something like 600's tops, I'm sure there would be a wave of protests, with the loudest voices coming from the riders themselves.

Leave it alone.

Reply to this Topic
rockabillyboy

Sep 10

Our Nanny state would love to do something to restrict the power & reduce the risks ,but when it comes to bikers they never seem to know what to do . It will probably be the E.U. that sticks it"s nose in and our government will accept any rules or laws as they normally do ,as it doesn"t reflect on them .But if you think about it the riders cannot go on increasing speed and power forever ,there has to be a cut - off point no matter how much the fans & riders would hate it .It"s probably one of the last things on Earth where you can risk your neck on a combustion engined vehicle without lots of restrictions and on public roads ,rallying comes close but is much safer for the driver /passenger . Mountain climbing ,potholing ,and skydiving are adrenalin activities  but as spectator sports are they like the T.T. ?.

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

even if you had a 100mph limit there would still be the odd death

its just the nature of the beast.

they all know the danger and choose to race, so leave them alone

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

Thin end of the wedge

If the Nanny state we live in stopped the isle of Man, What next?? The irish road race series?, short ciruit racing? MOTOX?  and ultimately motor cyclists who use the public highway.They are all dangerous activitives and most of us ride bikes because we get a buzz out of the element of danger. The riders who ride the TT know the risks and you only have to look at Guy Martin and John Maguinnes, Bruce Anstey ect  to realize the TT is a big part of their lives. The TT went through a very simular time in the 70s but survived. Their is nothing else quite like it and long may it continue 

Reply to this Topic
kennygorrie

Jul 08

kennygorrie says:

Ratchetman

Must admit I was swaying to the "bit too dangerous" side but you hit it on the head. Well said

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

No

It hasn't become too dangerous, it has always been too dangerous.

Look how far back the long list of fatalities stretches.

The IoM economy does very nicely out of the TT and the unpleasant truth is that they don't care about the fatalities so long as the cash keeps rolling in.

The way I see it the TT is simply people commiting suicide as public entertainment.

Maybe the bookies could make a few bob from gambling on which of the contestants dies?

The people I feel sorry for are the friends and families left behind.

No comfort to them when the old cliches get trotted out.

Reply to this Topic
kwackanacki

Nov 09

kwackanacki says:

TT

As an adult, if I want to take a risk, it should be my decision. If the people who say no get their way where would it stop? Ban bikes all together as we have deaths on the road!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices