Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Can Michael Dunlop surpass Joey's record? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Can Michael Dunlop surpass Joey's record?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

System  says:

Poll: Can Michael Dunlop surpass Joey's record?

With Michael Dunlop taking TT victory after victory, can he surpass his uncle’s epic 26 wins? With Michael Dunlop taking TT victory after victory, can he surpass his uncle’s epic 26 wins?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 104 days ago (06 June 2014 17:44)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
plumbgod

Jan 14

plumbgod says:

great, but

I wish mr dunlop well and its great to see him doing so well, but i would hate to see the same person win year after year with no real competition. Anstey did well this year and Guy was on song but that beemer reminded me of formula one in seasons past with vettel winning everything because of his superior car, entertaining but gets old too 

Reply to this Topic
cbr1156

May 14

cbr1156 says:

I agree, i thought he rode very strong and confidently, never really looked out of control no matter what shapes the bike threw . I thought last year he won by throwing everything at the bike, but this year he rode very strongly and wisely... I was well impressed .

Anstey,guy,cummings great ride...and for pete hickman...lord god what a performance for a newcomer !

Reply to this Topic
Paddedcell100

Oct 12

I have to disagree Plumbgod, Michael Dunlop is the one man that you can say with certainty,it wasn't down to the bike.Just look how many different types and makes of bike he has won on. I admit that S1000RR was a cracking bike this year but something tells me if he had been on Guy's Gixer or Anstey's Blade he would still have won. He is just pretty much untouchable on the roads right now and I cannot see that changing for a few years but that's down to him and his ability and hunger,not the bikes he rides.

Reply to this Topic
SundayRoast

Oct 11

SundayRoast says:

Scared

I think that if Michael continues to ride at eleven tenths every race, he won't survive anywhere near long enough to make it to Joeys record

Reply to this Topic
Robell

Aug 02

Robell says:

He has the ability, but has he the desire to continue, year after year ?

Reply to this Topic
plumbgod

Jan 14

plumbgod says:

paddedcell100

I didnt mean it was all the bike mate, but with up to 15 bhp more its got to make a difference and if him and Guy martin/Bruce anstey swapped bikes i still think michael would take the win, it would maybe just be a bit more competitive is all, i mean if Anstey can do a 132 on his honda what could he do with a few more ponies eh 

Reply to this Topic
BriannaGTanner

Jun 14

just as Kathryn explained I can't believe that a person able to profit $7860 in 4 weeks on the internet . find out here ......
W­W­W.Z­E­E­J­O­B.C­O­­M­­

Reply to this Topic
rockabillyboy

Sep 10

Don"t forget a lot of Joey"s wins were on lightweight stuff ,so you had a better chance of coming through even if you dropped it ,because of the power out of bends & lower speeds .But the law of averages are eventually going to get you ,and lets face it 26 wins at those speeds is a lot to ask ?. The problem with T.T. riders is they make it look so easy - especially Michael Dunlop .If he comes back next year on the B.M.W. he will upset the applecart with the Japanese  bike makers . But as others have said the last thing we need is a situation where  it"s the bike and not the individual rider .

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices