Skip to content

Ask an Expert Suzuki GT250 1975 wiring problem Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Suzuki GT250 1975 wiring problem

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

nigely

Jun 14

nigely says:

Suzuki GT250 1975 wiring problem

Hi Folks new to the site but glad to join in.

I have almost finished restoring a Suzuki GT250 1975 Ram air. New wheels, new headlamps, brakes, cables, rear light, rear light bracket, battery, polished engine casings, new levers, new front brake hose, new brake seals master cyliner and calipers, rechromed chain cover, rear mudguard, front lamp brackets, fork covers, rear brake lever, cyliner heads honed, new piston rings, bead blasted frame, powder coating, swing arm bushes, all stainless steel nuts and bolts,

Now the electrics, just the front wiring loom to complete but the ignition switch has 6 wires, red, orange, brown, brown, black/green & black/white, the 2 brown wires are seperate and the others go into a 4 way block. however all of the wiring diagrams only show 4 wires coming from the ignition switch. and the red doesnt seem to go anywhere.

Any ideas??????? 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 170 days ago (09 June 2014 18:47)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hairybob

Jan 09

hairybob says:

is bike a gt250m

from memory red is power from battery and charging circuit, orange is switched supply to main loom, so that should be red in, orange out of ignition switch in the on position. parking lights also work through the ignition switch so with switch in p position one wire will be connected to red through the ignition switch probably a brown. you're gonna need a meter.

I've looked for a wiring diagram can't find one!

Reply to this Topic
hairybob

Jan 09

hairybob says:

hope you can see this

Do you have 4 position ignition switch

off. on day, on night and park if so it should be similar to pics 

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
nigely

Jun 14

nigely says:

ignition

Hi

its only 3 position, off, on, park.

the two brown wires are seperate to the 4 way plug, one has a double bullet conector the other a single one.

Reply to this Topic
nigely

Jun 14

nigely says:

red wire

the only red + supply is via the main 9 pin connector, there is no way to connect the red wire to the ignition switch without using a scotch connector which cannot be right.

Reply to this Topic
Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

wiring loom

in fact the more I look at the wiring loom the more I think there is a bit missing because on the 9 pin connector the red from the battery changes to a grey on the opposite side of the 9 pin connector which is very odd.

Reply to this Topic
nigely

Jun 14

nigely says:

wiring

I can definatly report that some of the headlamp wiring loom has been hacked of so I've ordered a replacement for £29.99 on line hence the confusion.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices