Skip to content

Discuss This Catalunya MotoGP: Magnificent seven for Marquez MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Catalunya MotoGP: Magnificent seven for Marquez

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Catalunya MotoGP: Magnificent seven for Marquez

Marc Marquez continued his amazing start to the 2014 season, picking up his seventh win from seven races at the Catalunya circuit today under stormy skies. Marquez had to fight hard for victory as the factory Yamaha duo of Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi led from the the lights. Rossi moved past his team-mate to take the lead, where he was able...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 97 days ago (15 June 2014 14:18)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Glynn Racing

Sep 08

Glynn Racing says:

DaniPedola

It's sad that this forum let's cretins like you post comments. I don't usually reply to insults, however have two observations:

1 - You posted your comments way past your bedtime.

2 - Not sure about the picture of your boyfriend

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Crikey..

..there seem to be a few big lips & sore botties on here.

Rossi confound the self-proclaimed experts again?

hahaha..

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

best race

After Mugello the chances of a better race seemed unlikely but that has got to be up with the best ever.

Great  rides from Marquez,Rossi and Pedrosa.
Seems the Rossi haters were wrong again about Lorenzo and De Grasse was right.
Its just a pity there are a few really bitter people that post on here and completely ruin what used to be a good forum.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Good

Race , Rossi made Lorenzo look like number 2 in that team , and Marquez not settling for a podium ; has to be a win , great to see . The rest of em? forget it , although I think Pol is on his way to pass Bradl and Bautista , hes making Bradley sweat as well , lets face it the Brit pack are crap at this level , I used to think Crutchlow was the spearhead of a new rich seam of fast British riders , but the bikes theyre on (Redding excepted) any top 15 Moto2 and top 3 WSBK rider would get the same results IMO

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

rossi may very well be doing as well as can be done De G

against MM on an HRC bike, and Lorenzo's method is clearly not working with this year's tyres and nor is he showing signs other than last race of adapting his style adequately.

In actual reality, Jorge's method did work very well in 2012 and  2013 on different tyres, and not too badly for the 3 years prior to that. Struggling this year does not retrospectively negate those 5 years, any more than Valentino struggling on the Ducati and to a lesser extent on the 2013 Yamaha negates the rest of his career.

3 race wins for Jorge at this stage last year against none by any Yamaha rider this year, Rossi finishing second in this race this year as against Jorge winning last year, and Bradley Smith finishing 10th as against 6th last year also does not constitute improvement for Yamaha in any reality with which I am familiar either. That you can discern signs that Yamaha will win in the future, perhaps using a horoscope (I thought that was Nostrodamus's role) does not constitute "fact".

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

I thought it was abundantly clear

Slit that my recent allegiance has been to Stoner, and as a Stoner fan I have observed and enjoyed quite a deal of rear wheel steering and sliding to good and sometimes great effect on various Ducatis and Hondas . I have also watched most of Rossi's premier class races, and ungodly late braking as well as  superiority in riding worn tyres has characterised his performances in many of them; I haven't seen much sliding, my eye perhaps being too untrained, but he obviously doesn't mind the bike moving around a bit.

I actually agree with many of De Grasse's ideas, they may well explain why Jorge is struggling on this year's tyres, and I would never dispute what KR said in regard to riding 500 GP bikes.

Where the theatre of the absurd comes in is when those ideas intersect with Jorge Lorenzo, for reasons unclear. I far prefer MM's and Stoner's, and to a lesser extent Rossi's, riding styles myself to Lorenzo's but his riding style does not inspire seething hatred in me, perhaps an indication I am insufficiently passionate about my GP bike racing. I have given my objections to De G's take on Lorenzo in another recent post, which in summary is that this year does not mean that what Jorge did on the previous tyres was retrospectively unsuccessful or misguided.

I have no  problem  admitting that Rossi is better than Jorge this year ( as well as overall of course), and all credit to him for that, particularly at this advanced stage in his career.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

YA-A-A-WN..

Shut-up DF, you're like a stuck record..

You and your Gumby chums backed Lorenzo to make Rossi look silly this year.

You laughed at suggestions Val needed a bike more suited and that he would get it from Yamaha..he was a mid-packer, unable to adapt.

DeGrasse has been proved right..

You and a few others have a fixation with trying to dis-credit him, and keep sucking the life out of every thread with your Phil Neville-like commentary.

Very tedious indeed..

Reply to this Topic
Judas13

Jan 14

Judas13 says:

Phil Neville

He's painfully dull.

Come on Bob, passing under yellows is one thing, but when two riders in front sit up, put their hands up and move out the way, what you supposed to do?

Either they screwed up, or as I've read elsewhere they thought they might have passed Rossi under a yellow themselves, so gave up the position just to be sure.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

exactly Judas

abundantly clear to those who are not warped in the head!

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Wosi

Have you noticed that there are a few names missing from this post. I guess it would have been very different if Rossi had finished 4th and JL had finished 2nd. Nostro might have come out to play then!!! Oh well Assen next up!!!

Who is going to be the 1st rider to stop MM this season.  Some rider is MM, class act all round

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices