You are in... Forums > General > General > Beyond the "Tipping Point"

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Beyond the "Tipping Point"

So there I was ...Pulling off at the side of the road.........to take a few Pics....when , I was caught out by a little bit of Gravel.......... The whole Scenario went through my tiny mind...... Drop the bike, Lay it down with me under it or just let it go down.......... Bollocks to all that.... I stuck with it and drew strength from somewhere deep inside..... Diverted all the strength I had into my Short Right Leg and Swore very loudly.......... Phew...that was a close one....... trouble is though, I got Cramp in my left leg and Tore a Muscle in my Right one............. Have any of you ever saved it.....? 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 47 days ago (15 June 2014 17:01)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

LOL

Twice - Stuck my leg out to save the bike!!!

First time, was on the move - suspect I saved it from a lot of damage - just ended up with a split hose.
Second time, it was parked (downhill).  Ended up with a crack in the engine casing.

First time - I'd picked it back up before my mate got back to me, as I was so cross with myself.
Second time, I just climbed out from under it and walked off - I was so embarrassed! :lol:

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

Saved one,

but dislocated my ankle, so that caused no end of trouble, trying to communicate that Yes, I have saved the bike, but now I need saving so could I get some help here please?

Second time it went down so fast I didn't know it had happened unitl I was lying on top of it and the third time I tried really, really hard and then I dislocated the other ankle and it fell on top of me. Two hours I spent under that bike. NIce living in the middle of nowhere, until something like that happens.

Little legs can be a bit of a problem sometimes. Very glad you saved your lovely, new baby, snev. That would have been a real shame if you'd dropped it.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Bee...I blame the

Welsh............:mad:

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

When it comes

down to it, there is only the Welsh to blame.

Reply to this Topic
gungerdin8

Feb 11

gungerdin8 says:

snev m8

twas when Id just got the s1000

took it to our local waitrose to get me a hot fresh whole chicken as it were

got 1 leg off me bike n suddenly realised id not put the stand down how the fuck I held it up I just don't no car park was packed anorl

regards g

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

So many times!

I could write a book about it, falling over and saving it. With 28" inside leg, it's a way of life!

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Gunger mate!

Reminds me a bit of years ago with a new bike. You know how you get used to where the side stand is without looking? Well, I stopped at the side of the road, flicked the stand down and stepped off and the bike crashed to the floor! The clunk I heard wasn't the stand going down, it slipped off my boot and flicked up again. I always look now to make sure.

Reply to this Topic
geoffart

Apr 08

geoffart says:

dropping the bike

I've got back from work before... tired... let the bike down onto its side stand... only to discover I hadn't put the side stand down!!!! ... fighting with the bike for 10 seconds to get it upright again... i just managed it.  

then there always the occasional moments where im backing up and one foot goes over gravel.... well, not gravel as much as a tiny tiny stone.. for thats all it really takes!  

i've alwaays thought bikes could do with a high torque low speed motor to reverse the bike.... maybe the same as on an electic drill, separate from the actual engine. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
BaldE35

Oct 06

BaldE35 says:

Flash mate

rides like a demon into the row of parked bikes slams on the front brake and the bike stops dead, inch perfect- problem was the twat could get his leg down fast enough bike tips over onto the next one and you should have seen the watching peeps dive to save the domino's. fook me he was popular!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices