Skip to content

Discuss This Andrea Dovizioso: Difficult to analyse Suzuki performance MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Andrea Dovizioso: Difficult to analyse Suzuki performance

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Andrea Dovizioso: Difficult to analyse Suzuki performance

Andrea Dovizioso says it is too difficult to assess the performance potential of Suzuki’s new 1000cc project after today’s one-day post race test at the Catalunya track in Spain. The Italian has been strongly linked with a switch from Ducati to the Japanese factory for 2015, but said he had not seen test rider Randy de Puniet on track today to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 45 days ago (16 June 2014 19:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

Also 'difficult to analyse' why this is news........

Dovi's saying f*#k all.......

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Cut to the chase Andy boy...

..'how much are they gonna pay me', that's what you're trying to say..

right?..

Reply to this Topic
hurdyfurdy

Jul 12

hurdyfurdy says:

Take a deep breath Dovi

then jump.  Off the Ducati onto the Suzuki for next year. Only 1.3 seconds slower than you with De puniet  onboard  is not a bad first effort. Randy's really quick and knows the bike well but is race rusty and hasn't spent the last three days flat out round catalunya. The Suzuki will improve because they'll do whatever it takes.  The Ducati has not got closer to the front since stoner got off it.  And he got off it cos he said it was out of date and was no llonger competitive and they didn't listen.  Rossi told them.  Hayden told them.  Dovi told them.  Crutchlow told them. Gigi is a smart guy but he doesn't make the important decisions.  Hence no imminent progress.  You've been loyal and kept your mouth shut.  Go for it.  

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

they didn't listen to what Rossi told them

Hahahah they changed the full carbon winning Ducati into a RCV clone at his request

Reply to this Topic
hurdyfurdy

Jul 12

hurdyfurdy says:

And there was me thinking

that rossi told them it was understeering.  The first day he got on it.  After Stoner told them  about a hundred times before  he got off it they needed to fix the understeer. Then Hayden complained of understeer.  As did Dovi.  Apparently Crutchslow says he can't push due to the terrible understeer.  If the  carbon trellis frame will fix the problem and turn it back into a winner thats a cheap fix.  Maybe u should phone them up and put them right.  Theyd be ever so grateful.  Go on admit it Noddy.  You're a bike engineer.  You have to be to have figured out what the entire Ducati staff and Jeremy Burgess couldn't. Dig out a 2007 frame and World Championship for Ducati 2014.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

What I don't get with Suzuki is why they are still running with their own software,. There is only one more year of factory software left before they all go control, so why waste time trying to get their own software working with the MM hardware, which is what has been causing them problems today apparently.

Just doesn't seem to make any sense.

Surely the sensible thing to do is start testing with the MM software now, race open class next year in preparation for 2016.

Reply to this Topic
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

I would love to be proved wrong

But I don't believe one second Suzuki could give Yamaha and Honda a run for their money next year. 2016 could be a different story with the new regulations but I won't hold my breath on that neither. Please prove me wrong Hamamatsu fckers.

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Nurdyturdy

Hats right make me the chief engineer at Ducati and you can be that. Chief historian

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

The MM software

is changing next year and will be corner specific and gps run. This years is not I believe I have seen somewhere so Suzuki's own software is closer to next years standard programming than this years.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Alex

Is that definitely for next year then, or 2016?

I know Dorna caved in to Honda and Yamaha, allowing a lot more functionality into the control ECU than originally intended (so how does this benefit the smaller teams again....) but I thought it was for 2016 introduction. I didn't realise it had corner mapping and GPS either, the release I read on it didn't mention that, but it was a while ago now.

If that's true, then I can see why they are doing what they are doing, but wonder why they didn't begin mapping their software to the MM hardware a while back instead of leaving it this late

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices