Ask an Expert Z750 ticking Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Z750 ticking

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

samjchilldawg

Sep 13

Z750 ticking

i've only just noticed a ticking/clicking noise coming from the engine (its getting on my nerves now). it is louder on the left hand side it gets quicker when revved and the engine noise drowns out the tick. i just want to know any advice on this. the bike is a 2004 z750 with 19000 miles on and hasn't had the 16000 major service

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 46 days ago (16 June 2014 19:55)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

ticking

Any ticking/tapping/rattling needs sorting with a service.

If the noise is more noticeable at a cold start then it`s the valve clearances, if not then the cam chain tensioner needs a service if not too late.:shock:  

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Kawasaki Z750 2004

Hi Samjchilldawg

As Jaffa says, you need to get a service or at least change the oil and filter(motorcycle oil only not car oil)but with it being a new bike to yourself it could just be you are hearing things you just haven't noticed before? like the fuel injectors ticking or the fuel pump? it's hard to say without being able to hear it myself, but get it serviced anyway for peace of mind. Good Luck

KCMC:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
samjchilldawg

Sep 13

I've just given it new plugs filter and oil it may be a noise that was covered by the blowing exhaust that I've just welded up 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices