Skip to content

General Who's in the wrong? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Who's in the wrong?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Who's in the wrong?

Cyclist, driver... or road planner?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jPHwOw1S4Ac

(Sorry, I can't post links tonight so you'll have to copy and paste.)

Utterly mad! As a former cyclist I say rip up cycle lanes now. Never seen a safe one in town.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 44 days ago (16 June 2014 22:17)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Cyclists and HGVs.

This is how they get run over.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=leW8Mx1GciE

Again the cycle lane channels them into danger.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

I put this

in the comments:

Design is bad - low speed areas such as that the cycles should join other traffic in the normal lanes as otherwise drivers don't know where they're going. That said, where there is uncertainty the car drivers should hold back. Lack of signalling from the cyclist undoubtedly contributed. I think this is a little from everyone, including the road design.

EDIT: And as for the second one - this is why so many cyclists get killed. You don't overtake someone when you're in a car when they're indicating to turn right so why would you undertake someone when they're indicating to turn left? It's madness!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

lanes

First one,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPHwOw1S4Ac&app=desktop

is the drivers fault for changing lanes and forcing the cyclist to turn with him.(dick head). 

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

cyclists

second one,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leW8Mx1GciE&app=desktop

all cyclists here are dickheads because there`s no cycle lane and they should join the queue.

All h.g.v drivers are taught to look out for dickheads when their vehicles are stopped, waiting to turn.   

Reply to this Topic
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Just bad road plan

Who ever designed that junction with that cycle lane going across a exit junction on a roundabout needs a good kickin, a cyclist(wrongly) will just follow the cycle lane crossing the line of traffic putting them in harms way and normal road traffic also have right of way, this then means it's up to both parties to be extra vigilant, it's only a matter of time before one or the other isn't, and another cyclist will become another statistic, that's the way I see it anyway, bad road planers causing a conflict zone again  

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

Cyclists

First One:-

In my opinion it is the fault of the cyclist as he blindly follows the cycle lane as if everyone knows what his route is, if the cycle route was not marked would he have done the same, I believe so. 
At which point was the driver of the car given an indication as to where the cyclist was going, no check behind to see what was about him, whether it was safe to travel the route he wanted, cyclist 100% at fault.
Just because he was on the marked cycle lane does not mean other road users automatically know where he is travelling.
It is about time cyclists are tested on their knowledge of the highway code, all bikes should have mirrors fitted and when was the rule that all bicycles were to be fitted with an audible warning device changed.

Second One:-
Just goes to prove how many cyclists think that they have right of way on the road, which is also true when they are driving their cars or other vehicles.
Some obey the rules, others just like to blame others for their stupid inconsiderate actions.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Funny

First One
"I've got it on camera" - What? That fact that he blindly rode across traffic without looking to see if it was safe to do so?
I guess it's like following a sat-nav up a river!
Obviously, it would be better if the cycle lane was removed from the roundabout though.

2nd one - kudos to the lorry driver.

Reply to this Topic
Amateurcynic

Jun 09

Amateurcynic says:

Drive/Ride with

Consideration for Other Road Users! Only one demonstrating that obligation was the lorry driver in the second clip. I Include the Designer of the roundabout in this as well!
Wish I had the time for a long waffle but I'm supposed to be working! :winkie:

Reply to this Topic

Jun 14

00000 says:

who cares

just another couple of ass bandidos still breathing in and out. bitch shoulda mowed the lame mofo down ha

Reply to this Topic
obewan

Mar 03

obewan says:

Smidget

Kinda agree with your comments re the first one. What stops me from agreeing fully is I have cycled to work when lived in Europe and there vehicles do have to stop to allow cycle lane traffic to progress - cycles have right of way.

So it would help ALL cyclists, cars, lorries etc to have clear rules in the UK and I believe the damn cycle lanes have created a degree of confusion.

I also generally feel just as safe if not safer on regular roads with no cycle lane when in London

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices