Skip to content

Discuss This Marc Marquez: Dani was faster than me MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marc Marquez: Dani was faster than me

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Marc Marquez: Dani was faster than me

Marc Marquez believes that Repsol Honda teammate Dani Pedrosa was the faster rider in the closing stages of a memorable Catalunya MotoGP race last Sunday. Marquez had to dig deep to claim a seventh straight win in 2014 in a tense and dramatic race that has already been labelled one of the best in the 65-year history of world championship racing. Marquez...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 98 days ago (17 June 2014 10:05)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

That's

why he is so damned good.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Hmmm

“In Mugello when I overtook Lorenzo I was not on my limit and I just pushed 100% on the last lap.

Not what he said at the time when he stated he almost crashed every lap because he was on the limit.

I still don't like the tactic of slowing in a corner like that.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Dani was faster

Just as I tried to tell the bedwetters yesterday.

On the one hand you really have to praise MM for being so quick and calculating all the whilst riding to that limit with barely time to draw breath. Yet as Bulto says and as MM's record amply demostrates he has a ruthless streak that whilst perhaps not malicious, on occasion is a little too far down that path. This particular incident is a subjective call. I will say that Pedro doesn't make a habit of running into the rear of riders though.

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

YES

JW  It's called "race craft" and being able to handle "pressure"!! It's going to take a huge effort to beat MM this season.  So far this season the other 3 aliens have gave it their best shot and all 3 have failed to get across the line in front of him.  Dani back to form and the Yams go well around Assen so should be another good race to watch next time out

Would love to see MM get the perfect season.  Because as long as he does not get injured this year, the title is all but wrapped up now

Reply to this Topic
DaniPedola

Mar 13

DaniPedola says:

Not quite Laguna 2008

No, Casey had half a second a lap in hand back then but the Doctor found a way to win.

Still awesome riding, from them all actually, but real smart by Marc to square off the last corner just enough to entice me in. Chapeau to the little sh!t.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

I don't like the tactic of deliberately slowing in a corner either - if ndeed that is what MM did - has Pedrosa complained? Presumably if he had done it to any great degree Dani would be moaning? 

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

I don't like the tactic of deliberately slowing in a corner either - if ndeed that is what MM did - has Pedrosa complained? Presumably if he had done it to any great degree Dani would be moaning? 

Reply to this Topic
hurdyfurdy

Jul 12

hurdyfurdy says:

So I was right then

Marc needed to give pedrosa an oh sh*t moment to keep him from a last corner overtake. As I said yesterday Smart boy.  

Reply to this Topic
uservirgin

Aug 13

uservirgin says:

Oh **** moment or just the slower defencive line?

Had Marc left a gap Dani would have been through like a rat up a drainpipe but instead he found a Repsol Honda where he wanted to be, racing incident, nothing particularly calculating if we're honest.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Marc tightened his line, Dani ran in too hot..

Kaboom!..simple science.

The tactic of slowing mid corner in a theoretical sense, has unquestionably been employed by racers from time immemorial...it's nothing new, and certainly nothing to get bent out of shape about..it's just another tool in the armoury of a competitive motorcycle racer..

In truth, in this instance, I don't think it's applicable anyway. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices