Skip to content

Discuss This Leon Camier remains on Aspar Honda standby MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Leon Camier remains on Aspar Honda standby

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Leon Camier remains on Aspar Honda standby

Leon Camier will remain on standby for the Aspar Honda squad for the foreseeable future in case Nicky Hayden has any additional problems with a long-running right wrist injury. British rider Camier was sat on the sidelines during last weekend’s Catalunya round in Barcelona, having been contacted out of the blue about possibly replacing Hayden on a production Honda RCV1000R in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 160 days ago (18 June 2014 11:44)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

I think Leon would be too big for one of those little under powered Hondas. I think we are much more likely to see him on a TAS Suzuki before long. 

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

Bautista clipped the back tyre of Andrea Dovizioso and slid off, skittling the bikes of Valentino Rossi, Nicky Hayden and Randy De Puniet in the process.

that's from the race results

Reply to this Topic
RevNutz

Jan 13

RevNutz says:

Not sure

I'm not sure how good Camier is really. I didn't watch BSB when he was dominating that back in 2009. He was a bit inconsistant in World Superbike, despite showing he had impressive speed at times on the Aprilia and Suzuki, and all of a sudden is was lined up for a move to MotoGP this year with IodaRacing, making it seem even more that riders from this country are not GP level. He turned up on a BMW to replace Sylvain Barrier, and I thought, great, he'll be mixing it up with the back end of the Superbikes, but no, just some lonely rides to first place in the EVO category. I was disappointed to say the least, I know they're close to Superstock level but wasn't that a BMW HP4? One of the finest motorcycles in the world? I was expecting him to do more to be honest. Another thing against him is his size, he must be taller than Scott Redding, and if he struggles on that bike, then Camier is going to find it even harder. But it'd be a great chance for him to get some seat time, show some World Superbikes teams what they are missing out on this year.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Better than some on grid?

Compared to some Leon is good enough, Carol crash abe!! For example,at least is fit and ready unlike some, met him at cadwell a few times on Suzuki trackdays and a nice bloke with time for riders on the day like myself and plenty of others too, these guys love bein in and around the paddock. Best of luck to him 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
copey15

Jun 14

copey15 says:

You're kidding??

Leon Camier may be a nice guy ( i've met him too, and he is ) but surely we all know he won't be able to cut it at this level??

Look at how far behind Fabrizio has been in the last couple of races, and he was decent in WSB.

Camier should cut his losses and go back to BSB, which can only be a good thing for him and the series. He should be a front runner and the series benefits from having a former champion back and also a bit of much needed star quality.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices