Skip to content

Discuss This Honda plays down pay cut demand to Dani Pedrosa MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Honda plays down pay cut demand to Dani Pedrosa

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Honda plays down pay cut demand to Dani Pedrosa

Honda has denied putting pressure on Dani Pedrosa to swallow a massive pay cut to keep his prized seat alongside Marc Marquez in 2015. It has been rumoured that HRC is only willing to offer the Spaniard a new two-year deal if he accepts a significantly reduced pay deal. HRC and Pedrosa are publicly at least declaring their intention to remain together...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 39 days ago (18 June 2014 13:40)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

He said, she said

I guess we won't really know what is happening until pens have been put to paper. I honestly can't see HRC letting Pedrosa go now though, they have a very strong team with Marc and Dani. I would love to see a shake up in the paddock, but I doubt HRC would risk upsetting MM by employing a potential rival when they have the ideal no.2 rider already in the garage.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I guess Catalunya

would have completely demolished any self doubt Pedrosa may have had about his ability to compete with Marquez.

Seasons ten and eleven coming up with the Big H.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Pedrosa has no leverage

Where is he going to go? Suzuki? Ducati? Both would be the kiss of death. Hell, he's lucky HRC still wants him after all these years and no MotoGP tite. Think of all of the factory Honda riders the last 30 years that have won titles - Spencer, Gardner, Lawson (quasi-factory), Doohan, Criville, Rossi, Hayden, Stoner, and now Marquez. The last 3 Honda champions were his team mates. I believe Stoner and Marquez won the title their first year in the team that he's been in forever. He's a fast #2 at Honda and better take the pay cut and be happy they still want him.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Pedrosa is superfast and a consistent top four finisher, reliable and rock steady and he has always been in favour at Honda, there is very little to fall out about with Dani. When Honda went from 3 to 2 bikes and Dovi was dropped, I’ve always reckoned that was the time Dani should’ve got the boot. Dovi is just as good a rider and finished in front of him in the championship on the same machinery. It might have been exactly what Pedrosa needed. Just something to shake him up, he’s always looked very comfortable and content at HRC as if he knows he’s safe and getting paid handsomely for his results.
I’d really like to see how he goes on another team. 25 wins for Honda is good, but it’s over eight or nine seasons. In comparison Rossi had 20 wins in 2 seasons with them. The RCV has been fantastic all the time Dani has been there, so maybe its down to him and he’s a brilliant development rider – even more reason to use him and get him going on another bike, he might be able to get more bikes nearer the front.
The only reason he’s never won a championship is not so much that he damages easily when he falls off, but that he takes far longer to heal or takes longer to be happy to get back on and race again after injuries than most other guys…all the time missing out from scoring points and that’s what has cost him.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Almost unprecedented

I can see why HRC would want to keep Pedrosa and equally why they will offer him a reduced wage and lose little sleep if he walks. Because at the end of the day, no matter who they put on the bike, and no matter how much they spend, they are sure to be racing to be first loser after MM! 

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

You've written some nonsense in your time RF99

But that splatter of diarrhea really is your Piece de Resistance. Pure tosh the lot of it.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DaniPedola

Mar 13

DaniPedola says:

If I may

I'd like to join forces with Nostro here, and say that what you have written RF99, is a stinking puddle of rancid wank.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Cheers for that. I'd be devastated if I had the same thoughts as you guys,  that's forums for you.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

RF99

I understood the sentiments of your post.  Clearly some people with scrambled egg for brains did not.

Reply to this Topic
RevNutz

Jan 13

RevNutz says:

Dovi or Dani?

Dovizioso was never a threat for the Championship during his three years at Repsol Honda. In fact, he was lucky to stay for three years; Honda wanted him out after 2010 so they could bring Stoner in without having to pay huge amounts of money to three riders, but Dovi's two-year contract meant he was allowed to stay for another year. He's a great rider, but I don't think he's quite got that last bit to fight with the front four.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices