Skip to content

General I did this, last night. General

You are in... Forums > General > General > I did this, last night.

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

I did this, last night.

www.youtube.com/watch?v 

I don't know if the link will work, but if you have time, take a look.

Biker Down is a free bikers first aid evening, run by the Fire service. It started in Kent and is now run in many other areas as well. Along with the practical stuff there is a section on accident management and also a bit of advice on making yourself more visible (not with hi-viz, although it gets a mention here and there).

I went on the very first one, back in 2010 and I thought I'd go back to see if anything had changed. CPR is now much simpler as it's chest compressions only, so much easier to remember now.

II was not abe to get down on the floor and play, due to my wobbly joints and suchlike, but if ever a real emergency happens at least I will know what to do and even my feeble efforts might be better then no help at all.

Although it's a serious subject it's also a lot of fun and (eat your heart out, Mrs H!) there are real, live Firemen to play with  :biggrin: and nice, secure parking for your car or bike while you're inside. All good and a interesting way to spend an evening.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 40 days ago (18 June 2014 22:28)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
1066tours

Jun 14

1066tours says:

biker down

Everyone should go :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
stirfry

Jan 08

stirfry says:

more people

especially bikers should have training in how to do first aid in an emergency. How many of us know how to remove a helmet from a mate who has fallen off and isn't breathing? It takes an ambulance 8 minutes + to get to an emergency. That's a long time to wait if you aren't breathing.

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

biker down

Well done, I would attend one if near me as well. Adrenaline kills all joint pain (so they say) if saving a life. How about firewoman?:shock:

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Nice one

I always used to have a current First Aid certificate (until I came here). 
Dealing with a biker is a slightly different thing - I always used to disrupt the class, and ask how to remove a helmet!

Pity there isn't training during a CBT.

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Well

I'm proper jealous. ...  :mad: Unfortunately i think these courses are predominately darn sarf...I would love to go on one. ..lovely jubbly Firemen. ..:biggrin: I'll just have to set my chimney on fire again. .:smile

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

That's the spirit

Mrs H.  Saves the cost of a chimney sweep, too :smile

Reply to this Topic

Jun 14

00000 says:

do they

do training for women who have common sense,or is it just for the bimbos?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices