Skip to content

Ask an Expert derbi senda keeps cutting out! Bike accessories

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > derbi senda keeps cutting out!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

baker97

Jun 14

baker97 says:

derbi senda keeps cutting out!

Help! I have just recently bought a derbi senda 50cc drd sm 09 plate, when I got it, it was running fine with no problems at all. Couple of days later it has just started to cut out on me, sometimes it starts fine and then I go out on it and it just cuts out. when it cuts out they is like no power at all but as I give it throttle you can tell it is trying to work again but then it finally comes to a rolling stop? I have recently drained the tank and quite a bit of muck come out, it lasted longer after this but eventually died again, so I bought a new fuel tap as it is a vacuum tap and this did not work also. sorry for the long paragraph but please, someone HELP!

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 33 days ago (22 June 2014 15:39)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

cutting out

Welcome baker97, sounds like blocked jets in the carb, if possible when it happens again give it full throttle until it stops and remove the spark plug wearing gloves (if dry then it`s fuel related), I suggest an inline filter just before the carb. 

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Derbi Senda

As it's a vacuum tap, the breather vent could be blocked. It's in the fuel cap.

How long does it take to start once it konks out?

Reply to this Topic
baker97

Jun 14

baker97 says:

cutting out

hi, I will try this, and I have took the fuel cap apart no blockages anywhere in the fuel cap, and it takes like 6 minutes, it happens the most when I shift into 5th.

Reply to this Topic
baker97

Jun 14

baker97 says:

Cutting out

Personally I think it's something to do with my cdi as I have just removed it and cleaned it up, the bike has lasted a lot more longer but only cut out once. Stuff like this really baffles me, also when the bike is cold it is really hard to start even though it's a warm day I does not have a choke because I took it off because the cable had snapped but I wouldn't think I would need it on a 20 degrees day like this?

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

cutting out

Personally as my first post.:blink:

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

Hi

I are thinking like the Jaffa him right, at least yous would have ruled out the carb and if yous use a filter afore the carb you tell if crud is attemptin to get into the carb.

Reply to this Topic
baker97

Jun 14

baker97 says:

Cutting out

I have checked the jets and their okay and the spark plug is black when I checked it after it cut out

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

Black

its too rich.

Reply to this Topic
baker97

Jun 14

baker97 says:

annoying

so this would cause the bike to cut out? its almost like its not getting enough power

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

Baker97

First off an engine makes power it does not 'get' power.

Secondly the clue to your problem is that the engine is running too rich which means one of two things is wrong or if your really lucky both are wrong.

There is too much fuel reaching the engine is the overall problem.

You now have to investigate if it is caused by the carb' being set up wrongly or having the wrong jets in the carb' or there is a restriction preventing air from getting to the engine.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices