Skip to content

Discuss This Aleix Espargaro: ‘I want a factory bike next year’ MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Aleix Espargaro: ‘I want a factory bike next year’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Aleix Espargaro: ‘I want a factory bike next year’

Aleix Espargaro wants to take on younger brother Pol on an identical factory-backed Yamaha in 2015, despite the Spaniard emerging as a key target for Suzuki’s returning MotoGP squad. The Spaniard is hoping his Forward Racing squad can secure the lease of a factory spec YZR-M1 like the version raced by Pol and British teammate Bradley Smith this season. Such a move...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 32 days ago (23 June 2014 09:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

"I want, I want"

Can Aleix actually manage to complete a contract? Not good for his reputation that he seems to be a rider that wants a different ride every year, chopping and changing from one to another. I can't see him getting a factory ride with Yamaha, they don't need him. He wouldn't be my first choice if i was Suzuki either. 

He is good enough to be the top non-factory "open" bike this year (with a significant technical advantage) but not much good for anything else in my opinion. I had high hopes for him this year, thought he might be troubling the top 5 on a regular basis with the times he was putting in during pre-season, but for me he has been the biggest let down of the year so far. He has a very weak case to present to Yamaha as to why he should be on one of their factory bikes, and i cannot see Yamaha being even a little bit interested.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

I want a factory ride !

They all say that !   I bet he's looking for Bradley's seat.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Crasher... and little improvement to be found in the season anywhere for him so far.

Or was that his brother?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

I imagine so Saturn

although having said that with the self-confidence he seems to have he may well be after Jorge's seat!

If he wants a factory ride next year it is gonna have to be Suzuki i reckon.

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Ducati...

...is usually where riders who try to force Yamaha's hand end up.  

Delusions of grandeur methinks...

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Maybe

LCR would have him

Reply to this Topic
RevNutz

Jan 13

RevNutz says:

Come on MCN

'I want a factory bike next year'.

Who doesn't?

Ducati, Suzuki, they're the only two options I reckon.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Don't actions speak louder than words?

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Can't really see a Yamaha being made available, so Suzuki could be his only option for a factory ride. Reckon his results would drop off though on the returning Suzuki playing catch up next season.

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Maybe

He should learn from Cal.  Not all factory bikes are the best option. Maybe Tech3 will be an option now that Herv has come out and said Brad's ride is safe!!!!!!!!!!! As he is just 4 points behind his brother on the Tech3

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices