Skip to content

Discuss This Norton TT Racer On The Road First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Norton TT Racer On The Road

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Adam Child  says:

Norton TT Racer On The Road

You can’t underestimate how hard it is to compete at the Isle of Man TT. It’s a mammoth task, and it’s almost impossible to convey with mere words the sheer scale of the mountain they have climbed, figuratively, and over the top of the island. But forget about the riding for a second; the logistics, planning and organisation alone are...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 68 days ago (23 June 2014 16:53)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
laverda668

Jul 04

laverda668 says:

Jealous much!

Good thing you managed to miss encountering any plods!

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

So, to sum up!

It's an uncompetetive bike (with someone elses engine!), with an incompetant team (no testing before racing????)  and you say they have acheived so much else? like what? embarassing themselves? Its about time Norton gave up the racing ambitions and concentrated on customers instead of wasting money thats not benefiting them in any way. They could do well to  look how Triumph have got themselves up and running again before thinking of racing. Customers first, racing when you can afford to do it and not make fools of yourselves.  Oh, and use one of your own engines, otherwise, in my opinion, its not a Norton.

Reply to this Topic
peld

Aug 13

peld says:

Prototype or superbike?

quick q - how come they are allowed to race this machine ? Surely it is a prototype rather than a production superbike?

Reply to this Topic
Wemmick

Sep 09

Wemmick says:

Norton?

Sorry Norton. As much as I am glad you guys are producing bikes and truly wish you every success, I have to agree with SatNav: If the engine isn't a Norton, neither's the bike, and you'd be better off spending money and raising your profile by producing a bike people could actually afford as the beautiful 961 range are prohibitively expensive for most people. 

Reply to this Topic
Wemmick

Sep 09

Wemmick says:

Norton?

Sorry Norton. As much as I am glad you guys are producing bikes and truly wish you every success, I have to agree with SatNav: If the engine isn't a Norton, neither's the bike, and you'd be better off spending money and raising your profile by producing a bike people could actually afford as the beautiful 961 range are prohibitively expensive for most people. 

Reply to this Topic
ivanhoe

Mar 04

ivanhoe says:

Get out of the way

I remember this Norton crate in front of me on the mountain. Whizzed past in 5th gear on my 20 year old ZZR1100.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices