Skip to content

Discuss This LCR Honda aiming to retain Stefan Bradl for 2015 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > LCR Honda aiming to retain Stefan Bradl for 2015

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

LCR Honda aiming to retain Stefan Bradl for 2015

Stefan Bradl’s Honda MotoGP future maybe hanging in the balance, despite LCR boss Lucio Cecchinello’s determination to offer the German a new deal. The 2011 Moto2 world champion has scored just one podium in 51 premier class appearances and his form in 2014 has been below what HRC was anticipating. Bradl’s best this season was a fourth position at the Circuit of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 152 days ago (24 June 2014 09:21)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MO62

Jan 09

MO62 says:

Squeaky Bum Time..

Sadly for Stefan that is a big vote of no confidence from HRC then, leaked via there satellite team, if that bike is anywhere near the Repsol's in spec & performance he needs to work a minor miracle before the end of the season, problem is he keeps crashing when under pressure..

Or maybe Repsol have said we want another Spaniard on the 3rd bike, maybe Rabat is the kiddy to replace Dani at the end of 2015, all makes perfect sense for Repsol, who will want all things Spanish !!

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Too early to make plans for next year ?

I think not .. any rider worth their salt will have had their team make an approach to retain them before they are 'poached' by a rival team.   If nothing has been discussed with Bradl then the future is uncertain.   The thing is .. if no one is dropped then there are no competitive seats available for the upcoming aliens from Moto2.

Redding was last year's moto2 runner up and all he got was a mediocre Honda Proddy. Where does he progress from there if nobody moves and how do you get noticed by competitive teams.

As for the 2016 rules I just can't see it making a smidgeon of difference to the top 4.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Sounds like HRC didn't mince words!

And everybody knows the Japs love Aussies.

Reply to this Topic
RevNutz

Jan 13

RevNutz says:

Bradl & Honda

Stefan showed in Catalunya that he can keep with the front four on his day. I think he deserves to keep his ride at LCR, and I don't think Dorna, or even HRC for that matter, want more Spaniards in MotoGP. However, the problem is, is that there aren't enough rides for all the Spaniards coming up from Moto2 and Moto3. Think about it: Rabat, probably a Kalex Yamaha with Marc VDS, Vinales, probably an Open Honda or Satellite Honda of some sorts, Salom, again another future Honda rider (that's just Moto2). In Moto3, you have Rins, Marquez, both already Honda riders.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

German owned Ducati might be pretty keen to keep a German rider in the championship, if Honda opt to replace him. They’ll probably be able to manoeuvre riders with contract options if they wanted to?

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

How about a Bradl Ianone swap or Cructhlow.

Reply to this Topic
aintnothin

Apr 12

aintnothin says:

Bradl

was solid in Moto2, but he's 21 points behind a Ducati right now (in part because of Crutchlow) and that's not a good omen.

Barbera and Bautista need replacement, Bradley should be on high alert, Ianone should get Crutchlow's ride, and Crutchlow might see if he could get a Yamaha ride for next season as I fear Ducati will be sending him to the same psychiatrist they sent Melandri to.

And Redding might shut up about being the quickest production Honda until he regularly beats the broken wristed Nicky.  I used to like him in Moto2 but then he frittered away a championship -- so like Cruthlow I have doubts about his psychological stability as well.

Reply to this Topic
glm7354

Mar 13

glm7354 says:

Bradl had 3 years to prove if he can stay in factory seat.I think he can't do anything better.He won moto2 title because Marquez hit.His passport put him in HRC no his talent.This is my opinion.His seat maybe goes to Miller.Astralian rider can  help sales in USA more and less in Europe.In Europe a italian rider can help for sales.Gresini want Italy rider, maybe Iannone.Only in this case he could fight with Marquez.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

LCR Honda aiming to retain Stefan Bradl for 2015 ?

I love the titles they give these stories. Read the article and the title becomes ironic, if not sarcastic. Bradl's out, not sure who's in though.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Casey who..?

HRC is aware that Marquez, Lorenzo, Pedrosa and Rossi are really strong. The reality is those four riders have won 99% of the races over the past decade. 

Seems the fella who brought Stoner to MotoGP has forgotten him already?

Oh dear..

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices