You are in... Forums > General > General > smidsy with a difference

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

stirfry

Jan 08

stirfry says:

smidsy with a difference

I've just took my bike in for an MOT and as I'm working this afternoon I thought I'd leave my helmet and kit at the garage and run the 5miles home.

I'd just got into a nice pace when a car turns onto the narrow pavement and into her drive right across my path. I pulled up and hit her side door. She leans out of the window and tells me to look where I'm going! I pointed out it's a pavement and she should look where she is going. "I'm getting my husband" was her response.

I thought of kicking her car but it's not really my thing. So I told her I was running along the A460 and I'd look forward to a chat with him. I didn't see him.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 39 days ago (24 June 2014 09:49)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

What an arse!

You should have feigned injury and said you wanted the police as she ran on the pavement and you were going to sue her! She would have shit herself!

Reply to this Topic
stirfry

Jan 08

stirfry says:

yeah

didn't really think of it at the time. Few days off work and a few quid bugger.

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Next time....

... quids in!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsCE1siaB9s

Reply to this Topic
stirfry

Jan 08

stirfry says:

funny as f@

:lol:

Reply to this Topic
geoffart

Apr 08

geoffart says:

right of way

that is like the time i walked in front of the car of this women in a car park. she was stationary as i passed in front of her stationary car, suddenly she jolted forwards as if to run me over. I looked and she was shaking her finger at me... yer... its actually my right of way not hers. But she thinks because shes in a car that somehow gives her the right to move whenever she wants and pedestrians should just get out of the way or better yet not get in her way.  

Then there was the one that turned into a side road I was crossing and nearly ran me over... she beeped her horn at us, passing within a few cms... and again highway code clearly states pedestrians already crossing a side road have right of way over a turning vehicle.  If I was a cop I'd pull them over, have their car inspected very carefully from top to bottom for defects, and give them a good talking to about the highway code and right of way.  Personally, I think they should have to go on a special right of way course and have to take a test at the end.  

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices