Skip to content

Discuss This Harley-Davidson Livewire: First Test New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Harley-Davidson Livewire: First Test

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Hunt  says:

Harley-Davidson Livewire: First Test

When the news broke last week that Harley-Davidson - that American bastion of tradition, big cubes, petrol and iron - had a ready-to-ride all-electric naked roaster waiting in the wings, we were as stunned as the next man. A little Internet research revealed that the Americans don't celebrate April Fool's Day in June, so we jumped on a plane to New...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 90 days ago (24 June 2014 10:51)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
yaki

Apr 13

yaki says:

Harley leading the way,this bike looks ace and I want one.

Reply to this Topic
truantray

Jan 14

truantray says:

50 miles

How is Harley leading the way?

This bike has the worst  range of any electric bike on sale right now.

Zero and Brammo led the way two years ago. This is like other Hardley Movinsons, although this bike was not designed by anyone with a  two foot grey beard in Milwaukee.

This is about DOE grants, carbon taxes and regulations. They don't you to actually buy it.

Maybe they could have a looped audio recording of James Earl Jones shouting, "potato, potato, potato".

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

ILL PASS

could not afford the playing cards and no spokes for sound

Reply to this Topic
may c

Aug 02

may c says:

electric

within the next 10/12 years electric bikes will be common on our roads and more so in and around cities the petrol/deisel engine is gadually being forced out of our major cities. i like the look of the harley but i fear it wont be cheap im retired and for the milage i do now mainly 25 miles or so  an electric m/cycle would suit me but when electric cars and m/cycles become common pay as you drive/road pricing will come.

Reply to this Topic
MudDoctor

Mar 10

MudDoctor says:

How did Harley

manage to go from the 19th century to the 21st century, and somehow miss the 20th century altogether?

Reply to this Topic
britri123

Dec 07

britri123 says:

How did they keep it secret?

What i would like to know is how the hell Harley manage to keep these things secret. No spy shots, no roumours, nothing. They did the same when the V Rod came out. They sure know how to suprise people. As for the bike, well its a very good looking Motorcycle, electric or not. When all the Idiots have finished with the " potato potato","does it have tassles", "and will it leak oil?" jokes i think people will realise what a cool bike it is.  

Reply to this Topic
truantray

Jan 14

truantray says:

more idiot jokes

What a cool bike, huge weight with a disc brake! and is that a  _two_ piston caliper? Crazy performance!

You don't really think those "spy" photos are actually spies... they are spread by the manufacturer for hype, no one cares what Harley is actually doing, although this bike was not designed by Harley, they got people who can do math in their heads and scientifical stuff at Mission electric.

These will cost North of 25 grand, and in 2016 will range a whopping 53 miles.

potato

Reply to this Topic
britri123

Dec 07

britri123 says:

Truantray

Well idiot im impressed you know all about the inside of Harleys factory. 25k? What planet are you from? It will be no where near that as they are trying to get the younger generation on this bike. As for 53 miles, did you actualy read the road test? This is a prototype, it will do far more when its production ready. As for spy photos of bikes, thats why they try and hide them is it? Back to the start then, Idiot.  

Reply to this Topic
plumbgod

Jan 14

plumbgod says:

It will look nice when its finished lol

Reply to this Topic
plumbgod

Jan 14

plumbgod says:

Quite amusing that this has more power than most of their standard fair 

Reply to this Topic

Page