You are in... Forums > General > General > upgrade

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

geoffart

Apr 08

geoffart says:

upgrade

took the GSXR600 in for full serivce, but saw a nice GSXR750, same year i belive.  

Would you say its worth upgrade?  I bought the 600 from them just under a year ago and would obviously lose quite a bit on it. overall id have to spend £1500 with the px of the 600.  Is there a big difference between a GSR750 and GSXR600? 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 66 days ago (24 June 2014 21:05)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
shaunthesheep52

Dec 12

geoff .........

do you really want this bike ??? im guessing you do , then go for it , ya cant spend it when yer dead , enjoy life while you can , and if buying a new bike " tickles the big bloke " ...the buy it ...can you imagine the worse case scenario ..

scenario A ,,,, geoff lying on his deathbed , surrounded by grieving family , WELL grieving untill the cash comes rolling in , the cash that geoff has saved all his life for , spent very little , enjoyed life minimally , be frugall too the last ,, and now with his last breaths saying goodbye too his family together with his riches , and before his body has had time to go cold , ( let alone riggermortice seting in  ) his beloved family has booked an all enclusive cruise round the world , deposites layed on new cars and kitchens for there houses , block paved drives , gucchi clothes , rolex watches ...the list is endless ...... and " GEOFF " .....who the fuck is geoff ??? 
buy the bike geoff .... and fuck em all .....FUCK EM ALL i tell ya 

Reply to this Topic
geoffart

Apr 08

geoffart says:

750 vs 600.

lol... very good response,.  

Very true about saving for savings sake.  

But I guess I'm thinking would I really notice a lot of difference over a GSXR600, in a GSXR750? I love GSXR's. Today I rode one for 1.5 hrs without any (much) pain, mainly thanks to one very tight knee support hehe.  

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

gsxr`s

in my book the 750 has better overall marks than the 600,

ins group higher though, also with yours having a full service a grand should do the deal. :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

I've got

the 750 and I really do like it.

Different to a lot of the bikes I've had and an absolute dream to ride.

How different to the 600 I'm not sure as I've never had one, but had the 600RR and compared to that donkey it's awesome:smile

Reply to this Topic
Richnotrich

Apr 11

Richnotrich says:

750 vs 600

I've ridden both recently. Same chassis etc but the 750 engine is a peach. If I was in the market for a brand new bike, the GSXR750 would be it.

Reply to this Topic
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

geoffart

You may find this helpful ..a group test from last year including both the GSXR 600 &750. :winkie:

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/9/16413/Motorcycle-Article/2013-Middleweight-Supersport-Shootout-X.aspx

Reply to this Topic
dave_c

Aug 06

dave_c says:

600 vs 750

Have to say I loved STS's scenario :lol: 

I had a GSXR750 for 4 years and 22,000 miles and thought it was a fantastic bike. I had a brief ride on a friend's 600 and can't say I noticed much difference, which you probably wouldn't on a short ride on the road anyway. I suppose it would be more telling if I HAD noticed a difference on a short ride.

If you read Kam's group test you'll see that the best bike to have is the Ninja 636 - which just happens to be what I ride now  :lol: I'm no racer or bike journo, but I'm really loving the Kawasaki and would recommend one.

Or, why not stick to a 600 and go to your local Suzuki dealer and buy one of these! :smile

https://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/motorcycles/motorcycles/supersport-ultimate-sport/gsxr/gsx-r600-tyco-race-replica/

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

geoffart...

here's a cheaper option.Just stick these over the 600 ones on your tail unit.:smilewho is colin?

Reply to this Topic
r6buz

May 05

r6buz says:

Do it.

You could spend £1500 pissing about with exhausts etc and get nothing like the gain from changing. Unless you're a fairly new rider or simply must have a 600, I don't see any reason not to go straight for the 750.

Reply to this Topic
geoffart

Apr 08

geoffart says:

upgrade

cheers for input guys!

I've been an all season die hard since 2007/2008. So, fairly experienced rider.  I commute about 62 miles a day on the GSXR600.  A sports bike embodies all the reason I like riding.  In early Aug I'm going to do a 4 hour long ride, which is probably going to hurt... a bit lol. 

I bought this GSXR600 from a dealer back in jul last year, after my previous bike was written off in an accident (that wasn't my fault hehe).  I'm not back at the same dealer getting a service, including a free power valves check as we had agreed that would be the terms of me buying the machine, upon my next/first service with them.  

I have to say I'm very happy with them and their professional approach. 

Anyway, my GSXR (k5 06 registered) had 17k miles on it, and it now had 19000 on it. This used GSXR750 k6 that I liked has 11000 on the clock... so i kept thinking, well... I've not had my GSXR600 very long and already I'm taking a financial hit. That's the things that deterred me upgrading.  I would like a bit more power though. Although the 600 is pretty punchy. 

oh... I didn't ride the GSXR to work until this June, despite being an everyday rider all through the previous year, and that is why I've put so few miles on it this year, but that's about to change now. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices