Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow in Suzuki talks MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow in Suzuki talks

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow in Suzuki talks

Suzuki could offer Cal Crutchlow an early escape from his Ducati hell. The British rider’s personal manager Bob Moore met with senior Suzuki management during the recent Catalunya race in Barcelona, with the 28-year-old one of several big name stars linked with the Japanese factory for 2015. Crutchlow could move to spearhead Suzuki’s factory assault in MotoGP next season because he has...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 27 days ago (27 June 2014 09:23)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DaniPedola

Mar 13

DaniPedola says:

Suzuki must know the bike's nowhere

Why else would you have such an unambitious rider shopping list?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Trident900rider

Nov 12

Out Of The Frying Pan?

Now then, what does the Crutchlow boy do? Remember the mess he got himself into when he first was linked to Ducati a couple of seasons ago? He nearly lost his ride with Tech 3. If he messes this up, he will be off to SBK I reckon.

Reply to this Topic
goodsy3

Jan 09

goodsy3 says:

Dovi would be a better choice

Reply to this Topic
glm7354

Mar 13

glm7354 says:

Maybe will see him in Gresini RCV?

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Oh

Dear - That will be a bad move for Suzuki if they sign Cal.  Or is it because he wants be a FACTORY rider

Below is what he has said in Holland.  His plan to win on a Ducati!!!  He's having a laugh..  Get over it Cal, you ain't good enough at this level

The 28-year-old said in Holland yesterday: “Thinking about options for next year, I have no other thought but racing the bike now. It makes zero difference what is on the table. My priority is to be at the front with Ducati. I’ve never had another motive. My plan when I came to Ducati was to win and at the moment it isn’t happening. That's just the situation. You have some good years and some bad years. I've not said anything about going anywhere else and Ducati have not announced that I'm doing otherwise. We're looking forward to the future and I'm not interested in any other manufacturer. We have to continue trying to improve the speed and not worrying about contracts. It is not going to make me go faster or help me go round the corner or brake better if I have any other feeling on my mind.”

Reply to this Topic
glm7354

Mar 13

glm7354 says:

Every rider dream to be factory rider.Cal saw last year that he can win pondium with the right bike.And Ducati isn't the right bike.Everyone knows that.Suzuki will be much better than Ducati but  needs two years at least to be competitive with Honda and Yamaha.Cal is old enough to fight for another 4 years with young hungry talents on a factory Suzuki or Ducati.Best solution for him is to go to satellite Honda or Suzuki.

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

Days are numbered

Seems like a downward spiral from here Cal. I wouldn't want him on board the Suzuki, it would be a terrible signing, he isn't proving himself to be a development guru at Ducati. Nor is he showing he can ignore the problems and ride around them, in fact, for Cal who (in his own words) "doesn't moan" and "just gets on with job" he sure is doing a lot of moaning! 

If by some act of kindness Ducati allow him to carry on in the factory team next year i don't think they will be in a rush to sign him up once his contract expires. 

If he stays at Ducati he is finished, if he goes to Suzuki he is finished. I would rather him stick it out with Ducati though, he has made his bed time to lie in it.

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

luckofthewelsh

what development, ducati have already said nothing really new this year so the bike he has is it till next year

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

It seems

Crutchlow is using the extra five degrees of angle he cannot find on the Duke in comparison to the two Italians to lean towards Hamamatsu.

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

Sheene Fan

You are right, nothing really new until next year. However, i imagine they are still gathering data in order to develop these new parts? Crutchlow has barely been on the bike and so hasn't been getting the right amount of data needed for them to develop any parts. 

Now Suzuki are rejoining the competition and will be lagging behind the competition when they first rejoin, they need someone who can stay on the bike and get them the data they need. Is Crutchlow that man? 

No.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices