Skip to content

Discuss This Assen MotoGP: Rains fails to halt Marquez MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Assen MotoGP: Rains fails to halt Marquez

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Assen MotoGP: Rains fails to halt Marquez

A wet start failed to dampen Marc Marquez's blistering start to 2014, with the reigning champion taking his eight successive win of the season. After two sighting laps and a chance to change bikes the race got underway with the majority of the riders opting to start on wet tyres. Valentino Rossi left his change to wet tyres late, meaning he had...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 56 days ago (28 June 2014 14:41)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

great result for ducati

finally even with the conditions still a good ride by dovi, mm simply has no fear, rossi shame qp wasnt better but all the same good result, cal well glad he finished as im sure he is, parkes had a good ride too, shame jorge cant cut it it was really the easier race to pin mm with all respect.aleix deserved his 4th and maybe now few more doors open.

Reply to this Topic
davefinnerty

Sep 13

davefinnerty says:

Assen

Great rides by Marquez and Dovi.

Can anybody explain why Colin Edwards sitll has a ride? Not only slow but even changing  bikes he was in no hurry. Waste of a great bike.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Pol

Didn't exactly run for his after his off either!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

+7

Enjoyed that lot. I guess Ducati did too. +7 seconds Dovi adrift of '8 in a row Marc'. No wonder Gigi was delighted. Yeah! Its just a result, given a weekend of weather that affected predictability. I have to tip my cap to #4 though. He surely emphasised his dominance within the realm of Ducati GP current. Will he sign another 2 years for Ducati or jump ship to Suzuki/ No brainer.

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

picture with this report not from the race as both bikes have slicks.

good race and Lorenzo has lost it big time this year and was lucky to finish in the points

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

This guy...

Could win a race even if the HRC was giving him a foacking bath tube to race with.

We will ear again from those who says that the guys able to slide a bike are not faster. Granted.

Great race by Rossi considering the circumstances. Here why Lorenzo seems to have a problem with slippery condition.

Moto GP. Lorenzo special.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
davefinnerty

Sep 13

davefinnerty says:

Jean Michel

Wrong link there I think.

Also anyone that gets to moto gp can slide a bike, some more than others. Pedrosa and Marquez definitely have more movement than Rossi and Lorenzo thats for sure.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

davefinnerty

Are you kidding?

Try to get Lorenzo to slide the M1, he got the record of launch in orbit on the gas with this bike, no not everyone CAN, reason why he set it up and rides it like a big 250.

Just a reminder, from April 2011 after Losail tests he get the M1 to go faster with corner speed and traditionally Yamaha, even with riders like KR, Lawson and Rayney always carried more corner speed than the RS/RCVs.

It's all about chassis geometry and weight distribution, because even vs the Susuki in 1978, the OW always had an engine which was not on par with the competition.

Vs Suzuki it was torque and power band, vs the RCV it was power anyway.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
VeritasH

Apr 13

VeritasH says:

You've got to wonder where JLs head is right now, seemed like he pulled it back together right at the end, but absolutely abysmal performance. 

I'm seriously tempted to put money on MM taking every race of the season, not so sure if I'll get that good odds anymore.

Reply to this Topic
davefinnerty

Sep 13

davefinnerty says:

I think its a Yamaha thing, although the tech 3 bikes are different incarnations none of them like to slide and in fairness Pol rode pretty loose in moto 2. It looks to me that for a long time now Yamaha have persued a different philosophy to Honda and it does'nt appear to work as well anymore although it could just be that Marquez has moved the game on because relative to Pedrosa the performance of the Yamaha is pretty similar to previous years

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices