Skip to content

Discuss This Assen MotoGP: Rains fails to halt Marquez MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Assen MotoGP: Rains fails to halt Marquez

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Assen MotoGP: Rains fails to halt Marquez

A wet start failed to dampen Marc Marquez's blistering start to 2014, with the reigning champion taking his eight successive win of the season. After two sighting laps and a chance to change bikes the race got underway with the majority of the riders opting to start on wet tyres. Valentino Rossi left his change to wet tyres late, meaning he had...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 95 days ago (28 June 2014 14:41)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

stupidmario

Rossi had to start from 12, not 2nd and 7th and when he took the decision the track was drying, that's not technical either.

In these condition everybody was gambling, i lived nearly 4 years in Holland if there is a place where weather in totally unpredictable it's there, you over here don't know what RAIN really is, sorry to say that, compared to the Dutch, especially close to Assen, since the dominant wind is coming from the west, and i know about British weather since i live here for 13 years plus.

These stories of Rossi making the wrong choise is B-S, he admit it was a mistake, bet his crew off the hook and takes responsibility but no one could predict it turned against him, what if it had worked and he won then? Credit to whom?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
kennyroberts

Jun 14

kennyroberts says:

stupid mario

**** off StupidMario, piss off with your ignorants view on m/c tech. Tosshead

Reply to this Topic
stupidmario

Jun 14

stupidmario says:

I thought you were

dead. 

Reply to this Topic
kennyroberts

Jun 14

kennyroberts says:

Degrasse My friend

How much rear brake are you apply in your picture?is nice to see you practice what you teach.

Reply to this Topic
RevNutz

Jan 13

RevNutz says:

Gap to the leader

You cannot base the performance of a bike by how close it has finished to the leader. Dovizioso finished almost 7 seconds off Marquez but was much closer in laptimes, which is what people should look at.

Dovizioso should stay at Ducati. It's too risky to move to Suzuki when chances are they'll be just as fast as Ducati are this year. But then again, the bike might have more potential than the Ducati, but with some good brains behind the new bike, I'd stay with Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
stupidmario

Jun 14

stupidmario says:

... just before he crashed. 

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

kennyroberts

Am already off the brakes, i uses the rear to get both suspension down before using the front, in fact i just passed these two 600 supersort on the straight, from way behind at (LOL) Roberts, to getting them both on the brakes at Redgate.

The Ace didn't like sliding too much on the brakes or gas, and i uses mostly engine brake, especially on standard Sportmax, plus it was a tad heavy to control when the rear was going, but once stable it could carry more corner speed than anything else in my group, on the gas i had a hole between 2 gears because (2nd at Redgate on the gas i was sliding it, too heavy to feel safe, 3rd i wasn't revving up fast enough) of the 5 speed gear box, couldn't accelerate as hard as the other 1000 cc, so i needed more speed out of turns to be able to stay in the tow.

Donington Park. You know it...

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

so what is your idea for the forum

Chupa chump?

The first time De Grasse declaims at length in any thread, everyone agrees with him and the thread is promptly closed?

Disagreeing with him is fairly pointless and hence ultimately probably stupid as you imply, and isn't even much fun because it would seem he is deadly serious, but hardly qualifies as bullying. He can also employ as much personal abuse as he likes, it doesn't worry me, but he can hardly be surprised if some reply in kind.

Reply to this Topic
stupidmario

Jun 14

stupidmario says:

Who cares about that?

Tell us more about Rossi's huge error of judgement and lack of crotch grabbing. Should of had a podium but didn't. 

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

What's YOU idea of Motorcycle DoohanFan?

Not an exact science?
Nothing to do with chassis, suspension, tyres?
Guys like you brings these topics to gutter levels with pscychotrics and spin because you can't figure what does what on a bike.
Sorry mattey this is NOT the Teletubbies fan club forum, HERE we are FREE to talk motorcycle, chassis, suspension, tyres, setting and riding techniques.
If YOU can't keep up, just fuck off outside ride your bike and stop imposing ignorance and mediocrity as standards.

Stupid knobhead: Who cares about rain? Flags? Team stragtegies? Levels of grip? For as long as you can bring up the B-S to entertain us?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices