Skip to content

Discuss This Assen MotoGP: Rains fails to halt Marquez MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Assen MotoGP: Rains fails to halt Marquez

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Assen MotoGP: Rains fails to halt Marquez

A wet start failed to dampen Marc Marquez's blistering start to 2014, with the reigning champion taking his eight successive win of the season. After two sighting laps and a chance to change bikes the race got underway with the majority of the riders opting to start on wet tyres. Valentino Rossi left his change to wet tyres late, meaning he had...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 116 days ago (28 June 2014 14:41)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

About attention grabbing. O_0

Two ways to get attention:
Pretending that one can't use the rear brake without risks of crashing, using Keith Codes book and its advert on how he taught Lawson and Rainey. Lawson/Roberts.
Note that at the time Roberts was also teaching Eddie to square the first corner of chicanes on the rear brake and gas it sideways on the exit.

Then been so positive on how rear brakes weren't used on dirt track bikes.
O_o

O_o

O_o

When i was firmly under the impression that it depended on track and bike and that the FIRST guy to take his off to compensate for the lower weight/power ratio of his bike vs the Harley Davidson in 1972 was.... Kenny Roberts.

Then jumping up and down on the meaning of the word grip because K.R said about Lorenzo style back in 1988 “That 250 style can get you on the pole, but when the tires are worn, you are f____d.”. O_o

Oh, yeah the same guy who doesn't know what a 250 cc feels like when qualifying the 2011 M1 of big 250 after riding it in the USA. He never left the GP podiums when he raced them in his first season of GP, must have been the laughing gas effect.

No relation whatsoever of course between low grip levels due to wear, low grip due to rain, or loss of grip due to power output, even so this year at Sepang tests Massimo Meregalli - Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Team Director said of it: " Jorge continued to have some difficulties, especially because of his riding style."
Then describing what the relation between Lorenzo style, the 2011/2013 chassis, his settings and slow tyre heat build up, low front grip under braking, how rubber disintegrates because of larger difference between extreme temperatures from straight line to full load compared to the Honda, how Yamaha changed the chassis geometry and weight distribution with the introduction of the 2014 prototype in Sept 2013, a 180* U turn from Lorenzo testing a new swing arm at Losail in May 2011 to improve on corner speed and race it at Le Mans etc.
Well i can understand how you guys get horribly confused and go straight trough the roof, gone to oblivion, and why i get so much attention from your bunch not even trying.
Eh, one does what one CAN and am sorry i really try my best to get to your levels, even using the Bad English you guys taught me from the time i abused of your hospitality, but i CANT get myself dis-educated and erase my little rider's experience. I just CANT.  My most humble apologies O_o

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CliveCrutchlow

Apr 14

Oh come on guys ..

.. you know I'm a lightweight wannabe - just runnin' on the wrong side of the tracks..

Gimme a chance - I promise to be good.. Please ..

Reply to this Topic
stupidmario

Jun 14

stupidmario says:

No. Beg you bast*rd. F*cking beg - or else. 

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

stupidmario

What exactly were you driving last? Wooden charriots or camels?

Reply to this Topic
Bennyhasamangina

Nov 13

talking to oneself again

I need help.  I want to talk M-C with the big children.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Huw you div, that's just you impersonating me..

..which makes you look a bit of a thick Welsh t*at..

Anyway, you still haven't told us how you're planning on setting me free..

C'mon, I could do with a good laugh..

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Laughable

It's laughable that people are criticising Rossi for his tyre decision. He is hungry for the win and having qualified in 12th and the form MM is in, there wasn't going to be much chance of that win without taking a risk.  The weather was very changable and it was looking like it could be dry so he took a risk with the slick tyres. This means you are talking about a few minutes and a few spots of rain being the difference between a wrong decision and a tacticle masterpiece.  

Yes Rossi could have gone with slicks straight away and probably been on the podium at the end., but like Dovi and DP, no one remembers who comes 2nd and 3rd.

Reply to this Topic
Bennyhasamangina

Nov 13

Litle Tykes Cozy Coupe

Not that it's any of your business monsieur

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Firebird3

Read my previous post, there reason why are there, mostly.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I last saw a wooden cart drawn by a camel

on the Pakistani GT highway on my way to Rawalpindi in 2001. I don't recall seeing a French flag attached but the damn thing was travelling the wrong way on the wrong side of the road. It was slow, ponderous and made a lot of noise. Was it you Quasimoto?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices