You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Derbi Senda problem

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

samcapo

Jun 14

samcapo says:

Derbi Senda problem

I currently have a Derbi Senda SM50 2005 with a ebs engine.  I sold my scooter to get a geared bike and I've had nothing but problems.  I have spent a lot of money on this bike and frankly am skint.  The problem I am currently having is the head is getting very hot very quick and bike cuts out.  I have just replaced the head and piston thinking the old one was no good only to be still getting the same problem. HELP PLEASE I know how to take the bike apart as I have done this a few times but I'm no good with knowing what is causing the problem.

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 86 days ago (29 June 2014 16:02)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

hello

Has the bike got an air filter in the airbox sounds like its running way hot .... too much air entering engine which would cause it to overheat possibly .... Is it watercooled could be the water pump also ..... more info please :unsure:

some  repair manuals on that link:winkie:

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

hot engine

Welcome samcapo, I`m old hat and don`t know your model.

Getting hot can be caused by low octane fuel, weak mixture, ( air going in in between carb and engine),  wrong air filter, wrong main/pilot jets, wrong spark plug, coolant not circulating, impeller/ thermostat not working.

You should really do a plug chop (colour test) after rebuild.   

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

oscar

You type faster than me. Smart a*se.:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
samcapo

Jun 14

samcapo says:

Still having problems

Sorry for delay been offline for a while. Still scratching my head!!!! No air filter on the bike because it was causing the bike splutter. New water pump now fitted and still the same. Only thing haven't tried is the jets what size jets should I have in there if I premix the oil? 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices